Kentucky Players Most Likely To Declare For The NBA Draft

JokersWild24

Which UK Players Declare For The Draft After This Season?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which UK Players Declare For The Draft After This Season?

• Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Andrew Harrison
    • Aaron Harrison
    • Dakari Johnson
    • Marcus Lee
    • Alex Poythress
    • Julius Randle
    • James Young

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say that Willie Cauley-Stein, Julius Randle, and James Young are gone. Of the three, Randle is probably the most likely to leave. I'm not 100% sure that Cauley-Stein or Young will go, but it seems more likely than not. It's like WCS' head is elsewhere this year, and I wonder if he is already coming up with an exit strategy. Young's athleticism will likely get him a lottery grade from scouts and he'd be risking a lot if he had that and turned it down.

As of today, I think Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, and Dakari Johnson come back. If Andrew Harrison keeps improving and the team makes a deep run, he may be able to go and get picked in the first round, but I doubt Aaron is ready to go yet and that might factor into the decision for both to stay.

Marcus Lee comes back out of necessity, but it wouldn't shock me if he transferred either.

As Cal stated yesterday morning on the espn game day program, not one of them are ready for the NBA. Having said that I also believe that most if not all will declare for the draft. I am afraid that's all this program is now going to be, a bunch of overrated h.s. kids that think that they are much better than they are coming to U.K. for the sole reason of Cal's reputation for preparing players for the NBA. That's all they are thinking, not the work that they need to do that he preaches to them. "Hey man ! sign with coach Cal, "put up" with college ball for a year and head to "the league" (as they call it)".

Their have been a few exceptions to that mindset (Davis, Kidd Gilchrist, Patterson, etc.), ones that will really bust their butt, work and want to win but as we are witnessing, those type kids are getting fewer and further between. Most care far more about the name on the back of the jersey and could give a flip less about the "KENTUCKY" on the front of the jersey. They are here for themselves only, un appreciative of what Cal is trying to get across.

I'm getting more and more sick of it. I realize that may sound hypocritical bc I love the winning. I guess what I want is "College Basketball" players that want to win while they are here.

O.K., I didn't mean to hi jack the thread and apologize, just had to vent. Carry on ..............

As Cal stated yesterday morning on the espn game day program, not one of them are ready for the NBA. Having said that I also believe that most if not all will declare for the draft. I am afraid that's all this program is now going to be, a bunch of overrated h.s. kids that think that they are much better than they are coming to U.K. for the sole reason of Cal's reputation for preparing players for the NBA. That's all they are thinking, not the work that they need to do that he preaches to them. "Hey man ! sign with coach Cal, "put up" with college ball for a year and head to "the league" (as they call it)".

Their have been a few exceptions to that mindset (Davis, Kidd Gilchrist, Patterson, etc.), ones that will really bust their butt, work and want to win but as we are witnessing, those type kids are getting fewer and further between. Most care far more about the name on the back of the jersey and could give a flip less about the "KENTUCKY" on the front of the jersey. They are here for themselves only, un appreciative of what Cal is trying to get across.

I'm getting more and more sick of it. I realize that may sound hypocritical bc I love the winning. I guess what I want is "College Basketball" players that want to win while they are here.

O.K., I didn't mean to hi jack the thread and apologize, just had to vent. Carry on ..............

:thumb:

Randle and Young will be gone. WCS can't start over Dakari, how is he gonna make it in the league? No offensive game at all. And lately, he's not protected the rim any better than Randy Parker. I've never been a fan of the twins, but #5 could possibly make it, #2 is simply not very good.

Randle and Young will be gone. WCS can't start over Dakari, how is he gonna make it in the league? No offensive game at all. And lately, he's not protected the rim any better than Randy Parker. I've never been a fan of the twins, but #5 could possibly make it, #2 is simply not very good.

Look at Randy's defensive positioning.  He is simply outstanding..jpg

Not saying he's gonna make it, just that he's a legit 7 footer who moves well in a league that drafts on potential.

He probably would have went higher if he came out last year.

What's to say that his stock would only continue to fall during his 3rd year?

I don't think he'd be very smart to spend a 1st round pick on, but I can see why he might go. It's not his fault that some GM will reach on him.

And I won't mind seeing Willie gone. With Towns coming in and Dakari here the center position will be fine. If it's only those 3 that leave I think next years team will be pretty good. Cal seemed to go out and recruit guys that can fill it up which this team is missing.