Kentucky Players Most Likely To Declare For The NBA Draft

JokersWild24

Which UK Players Declare For The Draft After This Season?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which UK Players Declare For The Draft After This Season?

• Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Andrew Harrison
    • Aaron Harrison
    • Dakari Johnson
    • Marcus Lee
    • Alex Poythress
    • Julius Randle
    • James Young

I get the same sense about Marcus Lee but not sure why. It just seems he does not fit in with the team. He is an example of a player that should have red-shirted this season.

I think that at this time, it's just that his offensive skills are lacking. We're also fairly deep at that position with Randle, WCS, Dakari, and even Poythress competing with him for minutes. The skill set of he and WCS is pretty similar, so it kind of creates diminishing returns to play them both, especially together.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that at this time, it's just that his offensive skills are lacking. We're also fairly deep at that position with Randle, WCS, Dakari, and even Poythress competing with him for minutes. The skill set of he and WCS is pretty similar, so it kind of creates diminishing returns to play them both, especially together.

I'll add that before the season started, quite a few "Kentucky" people I follow on twitter were saying they didn't expect much in the way of contributions from Lee this year. Said he was too raw and frail to be a factor.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Randle and Young will be gone. WCS can't start over Dakari, how is he gonna make it in the league? No offensive game at all. And lately, he's not protected the rim any better than Randy Parker. I've never been a fan of the twins, but #5 could possibly make it, #2 is simply not very good.

This UK/USC game has gotten very boring so I am looking for other entertainment.

I enjoy reading old threads and thinking how wrong some of our posts can be.

About one month after this post was made, #2 almost singlehandedly shot UK to a National Championship.

Also, I think Willie Cauley Stein will do just fine in the NBA. :ohbrother: