Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Peyton can't get it done in the big games

Featured Replies

I've never understood how Manning was able to get people to completely overlook placing any blame on him. When his team wins, it's 100% because of him. When they happen to lose, the lemmings place 0 blame on him. Unbelievable how's he's managed to get everyone to believe that he's solely responsible for wins, and shoulders none of the blame for losses.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Richard Sherman and the Seahawks said that they knew what Manning was doing from film study and watching his eyes. They said if he would've changed things up, just a little, they could've been exposed....:idunno:

 

When he was given time he did expose them. Where Seattle dominated was at the line and after the Denver receivers made the catch.

I've never understood how Manning was able to get people to completely overlook placing any blame on him. When his team wins, it's 100% because of him. When they happen to lose, the lemmings place 0 blame on him. Unbelievable how's he's managed to get everyone to believe that he's solely responsible for wins, and shoulders none of the blame for losses.

 

I don't know, I think he's getting plenty of blame.

I've never understood how Manning was able to get people to completely overlook placing any blame on him. When his team wins, it's 100% because of him. When they happen to lose, the lemmings place 0 blame on him. Unbelievable how's he's managed to get everyone to believe that he's solely responsible for wins, and shoulders none of the blame for losses.

 

No one said he doesn't shoulder some of the blame. But you guys act like it was Peyton against the Seahawks. Manning didn't give up 43 points, the defense and special teams did. Denver's o-line couldn't block and their d-line couldn't get any pressure. Denver's defense was horrid and Seattle's was as good as advertised. Any time a team loses 43-8 there is plenty of blame to go around.

I've never understood how Manning was able to get people to completely overlook placing any blame on him. When his team wins, it's 100% because of him. When they happen to lose, the lemmings place 0 blame on him. Unbelievable how's he's managed to get everyone to believe that he's solely responsible for wins, and shoulders none of the blame for losses.

Are you kidding? There are defenders, obviously, but Manning always gets crushed. "He can't win the big one", "Brady always has Manning's number", "Manning can't win in the cold", "Tennessee only could win after Manning left", etc.

I don't know, I think he's getting plenty of blame.

About 90% of it. And I am fine with that and I am sure he is as well.

Really, Jim? And you base this great insight on what exactly? LOL

 

You should stick to just evaluating performance. Peyton and the Broncos sucked Sunday, no question.

 

This fiction of imagining things about someone else's thought process that you have no remote clue what you are talking about is comical, but I admit it is entertaining.

 

Maybe he's just trolling.

I've never understood how Manning was able to get people to completely overlook placing any blame on him. When his team wins, it's 100% because of him. When they happen to lose, the lemmings place 0 blame on him. Unbelievable how's he's managed to get everyone to believe that he's solely responsible for wins, and shoulders none of the blame for losses.

 

Who does that?

  • Author

Even the Seahawks are saying they knew what was coming, but I'm off-base on my statement that a big part of Peyton's problem is the lack of willingness to change it up in the playoffs?

Who does that?

 

Just go through the threads about the game. Almost everyone says something along the lines of, "It wasn't Peyton's fault"....

Even the Seahawks are saying they knew what was coming, but I'm off-base on my statement that a big part of Peyton's problem is the lack of willingness to change it up in the playoffs?

 

Ok...what should he have done?? And I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some of the blame. It's just I don't think just changing things up would have helped them. The Seahawks pretty much did the same thing in the Super Bowl that they've done all year...they didn't change things up and still won. I can't remember a Super Bowl (or other big game) where a team won simply because they changed things up. After 4 preseason games, 16 regular season games and 2 or 3 playoff games, you are who you are. You go with what you do best in a big game.

Even the Seahawks are saying they knew what was coming, but I'm off-base on my statement that a big part of Peyton's problem is the lack of willingness to change it up in the playoffs?
They said they keyed in on signals. That puts them in line with 31 other NFL teams. I guess you can say he kept the same signals all season and refused to change those around but I think you talking on a deeper level than that.
  • Author
Ok...what should he have done?? And I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some of the blame. It's just I don't think just changing things up would have helped them. The Seahawks pretty much did the same thing in the Super Bowl that they've done all year...they didn't change things up and still won. I can't remember a Super Bowl (or other big game) where a team won simply because they changed things up. After 4 preseason games, 16 regular season games and 2 or 3 playoff games, you are who you are. You go with what you do best in a big game.

 

Not be so predictable. With Peyton, it's always been a "here's what we do — try to stop it" sort of thing. That works in the regular season, but you have to be able to change things up some in the playoffs to keep opposing defenses and coaches guessing. Peyton never does this.

  • Author
They said they keyed in on signals. That puts them in line with 31 other NFL teams. I guess you can say he kept the same signals all season and refused to change those around but I think you talking on a deeper level than that.

 

And those signals probably clued them in to specific plays and such that they had seen over and over again in film. Peyton couldn't show them anything they hadn't already seen.

Just go through the threads about the game. Almost everyone says something along the lines of, "It wasn't Peyton's fault"....

 

I don't care what some of the threads say. Since starting around the mid-second quarter when it was apparent this game was going down the drain for Manning and company, 9 out of 10 remarks on social media, pundits, and everyone else revolved around Manning's ineptitude and how this game will kill his legacy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.