Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Braves Re-Sign Heyward and Freeman

Featured Replies

Apparently they have signed Heyward to a two year deal locking him up for his last two arbitration years. They are also close to or already have (not sure yet which one) signing Freeman to a deal at about 8 years $125 million.

Wow! I'll take that deal over Vottos every day. Averaging 15 mil a year through 31... That will give them flexibility.

  • Author
Wow! I'll take that deal over Vottos every day. Averaging 15 mil a year through 31... That will give them flexibility.

 

A lot of people I've talked to seem to think its a good deal for Atlanta. They're over paying a bit in his arbitration years but will likely be under paying him later in the contract, since contracts are getting so big. Hopefully he just keeps playing like he did last year.

  • Author
Now we've got Kimbrel' date=' Minor, and Simmons to worry about.[/quote']

Minor and Simmons are under contract for next year already , right?

 

Kimbrel does still gotta go to arbitration.

Minor and Simmons are under contract for next year already , right?

 

Kimbrel does still gotta go to arbitration.

 

Yeah I was just referring to the Braves next worries and concerns they'll have to address. With Uggla's contract expiring after this year, we will definitely free up some money to give to those players when the time comes.

 

At this point though, I feel like Kimbrel is a luxury. He is arguably the best closer in the game but I'm not sure if the Braves can afford that luxury given their other needs. Bigger markets teams will definitely have an advantage in offering him more money while keeping their other positions strong.

 

I think the Braves have soem stuff going for them in terms of signing him to an extension of some kind but wouldn't surprise me if we tried to ship him off somewhere to get some players or draft picks in return.

  • Author
Yeah I was just referring to the Braves next worries and concerns they'll have to address. With Uggla's contract expiring after this year' date=' we will definitely free up some money to give to those players when the time comes. At this point though, I feel like Kimbrel is a luxury. He is arguably the best closer in the game but I'm not sure if the Braves can afford that luxury given their other needs. Bigger markets teams will definitely have an advantage in offering him more money while keeping their other positions strong. I think the Braves have soem stuff going for them in terms of signing him to an extension of some kind but wouldn't surprise me if we tried to ship him off somewhere to get some players or draft picks in return.[/quote']

 

I think Uggla has two years left on his contract.

I think Uggla has two years left on his contract.

 

You are correct, two more seasons at 13 million per.

I think Uggla has two years left on his contract.

 

You are correct, two more seasons at 13 million per.

 

Really? Well that sucks. For some reason I thought this was his last year for us. Somehow we have to try and get out of that contract as soon as possible but given what he is being paid and his production, that could be extremely difficult to do.

Man, being stuck with Uggla is just the worst.

  • Author
Man' date=' being stuck with Uggla is just the worst.[/quote']

 

I think he will bounce back this year.

Really? Well that sucks. For some reason I thought this was his last year for us. Somehow we have to try and get out of that contract as soon as possible but given what he is being paid and his production, that could be extremely difficult to do.

 

Unless he turns it around they are either stuck with him and his contract or they can trade him and pay the pay the majority of his contract off.

  • Author

Braves extended Teherans contract 6 years I believe

 

Also extended Kimbrel 4 years.

 

From mlbtraderumors.com...

 

9:39am: Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (via Twitter) has the full breakdown of Kimbrel's deal. The closer will earn a $1MM signing bonus, $7MM in 2014, $9MM in 2015, $11MM in 2016, and $13MM in 2017 with a $13MM option for 2018. If the option is not exercised, Kimbrel gets a $1MM buyout.

I think he will bounce back this year.

 

To what, a .220 average?

 

I think these signings make it unlikely that they are able to keep Heyward once he gets free agent eligibility. They've got a ton of money committed and he'll be looking for a really big payday.

This is incredibly refreshing to see the Braves actually retain their key pieces. It's something they haven't seemed to do for years and years. Although I am wondering how they're going to make all this fit on their payroll restraints. Maybe they're going to loosen the purse-strings? At any rate, they're locking these guys in and if they keep performing at the level they have been, these will all look like great deals. Kimbrel might be the one I'm worried about the most. He's been arguably the best closer in baseball, and hopefully continues, but you do have to worry about the arm of a flamethrower.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.