Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Braves Re-Sign Heyward and Freeman

Featured Replies

  • Author
To what' date=' a .220 average? I think these signings make it unlikely that they are able to keep Heyward once he gets free agent eligibility. They've got a ton of money committed and he'll be looking for a really big payday.[/quote']

 

Ugglas contract comes off the books when Heyward is a free agent.

  • Author
This is incredibly refreshing to see the Braves actually retain their key pieces. It's something they haven't seemed to do for years and years. Although I am wondering how they're going to make all this fit on their payroll restraints. Maybe they're going to loosen the purse-strings? At any rate' date=' they're locking these guys in and if they keep performing at the level they have been, these will all look like great deals. Kimbrel might be the one I'm worried about the most. He's been arguably the best closer in baseball, and hopefully continues, but you do have to worry about the arm of a flamethrower.[/quote']

 

I think he will be good for 4 years at least. If his play declined too much after that they can buy out of the 5th year for $1m.

 

This has been an interesting off season even though they haven't signed any big free agents like last season with the Uptons

 

They've announced plans to build a new stadium and they have committed over $200 million to key players already on the roster.

I think he will be good for 4 years at least. If his play declined too much after that they can buy out of the 5th year for $1m.

 

This has been an interesting off season even though they haven't signed any big free agents like last season with the Uptons

 

They've announced plans to build a new stadium and they have committed over $200 million to key players already on the roster.

 

 

I could go another generation without seeing them sign someone like BJ Upton again. Keep your proven, young pieces. Pieces that have been in your system.

To what, a .220 average?

 

I think these signings make it unlikely that they are able to keep Heyward once he gets free agent eligibility. They've got a ton of money committed and he'll be looking for a really big payday.

 

If Heyward wants a big payday at this point, he is going to have to up his game because his play hasn't warranted him that kind of contract yet like Freeman's play has.

  • Author
If Heyward wants a big payday at this point' date=' he is going to have to up his game because his play hasn't warranted him that kind of contract yet like Freeman's play has.[/quote']

 

Heyward was great two seasons ago and good last year considering the injuries.

 

I think he's a good young player who could be an all star if healthy.

Heyward was great two seasons ago and good last year considering the injuries.

 

I think he's a good young player who could be an all star if healthy.

 

I agree but he has got to put a couple good, healthy seasons together with consistent production to get the money that he wants. I know it sounds like I'm being critical but I really want him to succeed and get the contract that he really wants.

Great move for the Braves and really puts into perspective why they didn't aggressively go after McCann.

 

The Braves have been able to sign Freeman, Kimbrel and Teheran to long term deals while giving Heyward a short term deal.

 

Had the Braves signed McCann then they likely would have had to part with most all, especially Freeman, once their current contracts expire.

 

 

It's great to see the Braves signing some of their top talent to long term deals and it'll be great once they open up their new stadium as well.

Great move for the Braves and really puts into perspective why they didn't aggressively go after McCann.

 

The Braves have been able to sign Freeman, Kimbrel and Teheran to long term deals while giving Heyward a short term deal.

 

Had the Braves signed McCann then they likely would have had to part with most all, especially Freeman, once their current contracts expire.

 

 

It's great to see the Braves signing some of their top talent to long term deals and it'll be great once they open up their new stadium as well.

 

Now if only Uggla's contract could up and disappear, this would be an almost perfect offseason :D.

  • Author

Braves have extended Simmons contract 7 more years.

Great deal. I also read that the Braves are still wanting to extend Heyward but will wait until after this season to start negotiating.

I swear Frank Wren and the Braves must have found a blank checkbook somewhere to start signing all these extensions at once.

  • Author
I swear Frank Wren and the Braves must have found a blank checkbook somewhere to start signing all these extensions at once.

 

I think a lot of this money is coming from revenue they're expecting to get from the new stadium.

I think a lot of this money is coming from revenue they're expecting to get from the new stadium.

 

Whatever the reason, I'm one happy camper right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.