Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Personality Makes Your Politics

Featured Replies

You're 57% conservative, 43% liberal. I'd call that pretty accurate.

 

Liberal Qualities:

You prefer documentaries over action movies

You have a messy desk

You like fusion cuisine

You use a modern browser

You prefer the Met to Times Square

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

The way they came up with these questions is probably by polling a bunch of people on a huge list of what they like/don't like, then narrowing down the questions that produced the strongest split between self-identified conservatives and liberals. Obviously, the questions won't mirror everyone's preferences perfectly, but I'd say if you reverse engineered the thing you'd find a strong correlation between a seemingly arbitrary topic like desk clutter and ideology.

 

More than a few of those questions weren't exactly "apolitical," which makes me wonder if the correlations between the answers and ideologies weren't particularly strong and they needed to balance it out with a few more obvious questions.

52 percent conservative; 48 percent liberal.

 

Well, that was seriously unhelpful.

 

:lol2:

Scored exactly 50-50. That's scary.

86% Conservative

14% Papa

 

Ha, I was 79 to 21. I have 33% more papa than you young man.

It had me at 64% conservative which means in my case it's not very accurate.

You've been fooling yourself all along.

Ha, I was 79 to 21. I have 33% more papa than you young man.

 

My deepest condolences.

64% conservatives. That's probably pretty accurate.

 

Liberal:

You prefer documentaries over action movies

You have a messy desk

You like fusion cuisine

You think it's okay for your partner to look at porn alone

You use a modern browser

 

Conservative:

 

ou like dogs more than cats

You think kids should respect authority

You think self-control trumps self-expression

You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries

You think the world benefits from nations and borders

You prefer Times Square to the Met

You're proud of your country's history

64% conservatives. That's probably pretty accurate.

 

Liberal:

You prefer documentaries over action movies

You have a messy desk

You like fusion cuisine

You think it's okay for your partner to look at porn alone

You use a modern browser

 

Conservative:

 

ou like dogs more than cats

You think kids should respect authority

You think self-control trumps self-expression

You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries

You think the world benefits from nations and borders

You prefer Times Square to the Met

You're proud of your country's history

 

I would have imagined your desk was spotless.

I would have imagined your desk was spotless.

 

 

As I type this I've got a cup , an empty 20 oz Code Red bottle, an empty medicine bottle, an old Rolling Stone magazine on top of a bunch of old unopened mail next to two more empty medicine bottles in front of printer that hasn't worked in 2 years.

My deepest condolences.

I can't help but think Chinese and Japanese in the same restaurant is cool. Sunk me.

As I type this I've got a cup , an empty 20 oz Code Red bottle, an empty medicine bottle, an old Rolling Stone magazine on top of a bunch of old unopened mail next to two more empty medicine bottles in front of printer that hasn't worked in 2 years.

 

Ugh. :lol2:

Ugh. :lol2:

 

..and to get to this messy desk I have to step over a pile of old magzines. So...

..and to get to this messy desk I have to step over a pile of old magzines. So...

 

This is a shocking revelation to me, I have to be honest. Almost as surprising as realizing you were black.

73% conservative...fell about where I thought I would on the spectrum, though I'm not sure it had any relationship to some of the questions that were asked. I'd say there are a lot of conservative foodies out there that would love to try a fusion restaurant (me) and have messy desks (me), both of which according to this survey leaned towards being liberal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.