Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton Co. 63 Highlands 52

Featured Replies

Considering both of them get there I think PC knows all about GRC. I don't know what this has to do with this thread though.

 

Oldcat said that they would be disappointed if PC wasn't back at Rupp. Just letting him know GRC will be a tough out.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC fans will support there team and thats a great thing.There going to be a tough out in post season.

PC is getting more finese as the year goes on. Sure GRC will be tough, so will Mason especially at their home but thats what its all about. After the run they had last year, and the experience they have this year I will bve disappointed if they don't go back. Even more if the cards fall right PC could even make a good run to the semis of the state tourney.

the poll is a joke since they don't consider PC part of NKY. That has been a thread all of it's own though. Everyone knows PC is the best team in area despite what the poll says.

Don't the coaches vote on this poll? Many of them simply don't play PC. If they did, I agree, they would have been #1 more often than not

In respone to blueblood, I am just going to say that I heard what Johnson said from a reliable source. I can take it and belive it or not belive it, but the way in which Johnson complained to the ref gets him a technical. I believe the speaking captain was Vories; therefore, Johnson needs not say anything to the ref, especially with that much emotion.

In response to PC fans showing lack of class on here, I am tired of people being negative. All you have to do is state your point positively or negatively. For the most part, PC fans have done that and that is not lack of class or lack of respect. It is pride. Every team in the state has fans that are the same way.

It's late February, if you can't get fired up for your team, you don't deserve to be a fan or whatnot.

Please, take my comments as literal as possible. I am not knocking on anyone or any group of people. I say what I say becuase of my pride.

I can't blame the Pendleton fans for getting fired up. They had some mighty lean years prior to Coach Biggs taking over their program. In his fifth year now, they have won either right at or close to 100 wins during his tenure. The total the three years prior to his taking over the program they won a total of 24 games.

Agreed. When your team has "it", and the fans know that they have "it", you might as well live it to its fullest while you got it. Sorry if you I used it too much. I guess i meant that if you know that you're good, you might as well use that goodness to your advantage.

OK, back to the game please. I was not at the game so I would like to know about a couple of the matchups. Who was guarding Mains for Highlands? Were either team playing a zone defense? How did the young (sophmore) Nick Simpson do this game? Was Vories much of a factor? Ohh, btw, I don't receive a Sunday paper so what were some of the statistics?

Amen. You get what you deserve, and Johnson deserved it. Pendleton deserved to win that game last night. They were in better shape then Highlands and they showed it. Pendleton subbed 6 guys in and out while Highlands subbed 9 in and out, and who was sucking wind? Pendleton came out strong and ended even stronger. Good win and glad to see the Wildcats kept their cool in a physical, hostile environment.

 

Are you serious? Highlands only plays 8, not 9. I would not say that Highlands was sucking wind either. In fact, I saw Elliott bent over grabbing his shorts on several occassions. If you do not think that the foul call and technical on Johnson was a turning point in the game then you must be crazy. Exactly why did Pendleton deserve to win the game any more than Highlands did?

:dancingpa It was a physical game all night and even though they only played 6 guys, Pendleton was definately the better conditioned team. Guidugli and Johnson play very physical and they got exactly what they deserve for the way they play. A seat on the bench before the end of the game. It may work on the football field, but there is a difference between good physical basketball and the way they play. It great that the 6th ranked team in the Northern Ky coaches poll can add another notch on their belt by beating the third of the five teams rated above them...... :flame:

 

Another classy statement by a Pendleton fan. They got what they deserved? Come on, we are talking about high school seniors out there playing their hearts out. I guess Elrod got what he deserved since he was sitting on the bench at the end of the game as well. As for the football comment, cannot wait to hear the complaining the first time these teams hook up.

I am sure Highlands will win by whatever score they want to, and that is usually much more than they need.... Their football record certainly speaks for itself. Mugging on a basketball court doesn't belong there.

I can't believe there hasn't been any mention of Tyler Mains in this this thread. I believe he was blocked three times by Mr. Johnson. Two of them in succession. And each time I seemed to see Tyler jawwing with the ref about needing a foul called. Hum, I guess it is okay for a PC guard to jaw with the ref, but not a big man from HHS.

 

I think PC is a great team with many great basketball players it is ashame that question marks had to be put in this game by such poor officiating. And yes the calls were bad both ways, it just seemed that the Birds were hurt right when they were making a run.

Note that Tyler was just letting the ref know that there should have been a foul called. He wasn't throwing cheap shots nor using foul language in doing so like Johnson did and Johnson was stilling jawing after they T'd him up. If a pc player would do this Coach Biggs would have them running three eights in a split second. :fight:

Question did ne1 get to have the great pleasure of watching Mr. Sandy AKA the fan going completly crazy in the Pc section near the middle lol IT WAS GREAT!! Did Ne1 else whitness this?

Are you serious? Highlands only plays 8, not 9. I would not say that Highlands was sucking wind either. In fact, I saw Elliott bent over grabbing his shorts on several occassions. If you do not think that the foul call and technical on Johnson was a turning point in the game then you must be crazy. Exactly why did Pendleton deserve to win the game any more than Highlands did?

I know for a fact (former player in Willie Schlarman's system @ Brossart) that he would have them in EXCELLANT condition. His practices were focused 80% on defense/conditioning and 20% on offense/scoring. It takes some hard nose players to "buy into" his system.

To repeat myself, CAN anyone PLEASE post on some of the matchup/statistics/defenses/offensive production. The closest thing to a statistic that I have recieved is a rebounding comparision and this is supposed to be about the game.

I dream of being All State like you Sharp. You sound like you have a lot of hate deep inside... whats wrong .... did you get snowed in this weekend?

 

I am happy to see you have some goals in life. To be like me would not be all bad. Not sure where the deep hate part comes from. :D Yes I was snowed in an eating Cake. Cheese Cake to be exact. ;)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.