Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton Co. 63 Highlands 52

Featured Replies

I can't believe there hasn't been any mention of Tyler Mains in this this thread. I believe he was blocked three times by Mr. Johnson. Two of them in succession. And each time I seemed to see Tyler jawwing with the ref about needing a foul called. Hum, I guess it is okay for a PC guard to jaw with the ref, but not a big man from HHS.

 

I think PC is a great team with many great basketball players it is ashame that question marks had to be put in this game by such poor officiating. And yes the calls were bad both ways, it just seemed that the Birds were hurt right when they were making a run.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that the referees do not give any team points. Yes, they may call questionable fouls but as to the score, the players decide that. Adversity will come, so deal with it. Both teams seemed to deal with it fine. Highlands lost focus after they made a bit of a run, and they lost it there. It doesn't matter if Johnson got the technical then or not, the players should have pulled themselves together and discussed the game and not worry about the foul. Pendleton did band together and have a "meeting" after the technical and look what happened.

All I can say is that the referees do not give any team points. Yes, they may call questionable fouls but as to the score, the players decide that. Adversity will come, so deal with it. Both teams seemed to deal with it fine. Highlands lost focus after they made a bit of a run, and they lost it there. It doesn't matter if Johnson got the technical then or not, the players should have pulled themselves together and discussed the game and not worry about the foul. Pendleton did band together and have a "meeting" after the technical and look what happened.

 

 

Yeah, I guess hitting three out of four free throws on the techincal and getting the ball back helped them deal with it, wouldn't you say! Funny how that works to get you pulled together.

Did you see Highlands huddle, NO. They were too busy arguing and complaining about the call. The fact that Highlands had just scored to cut it to three was a big deal in the game. Too bad it was ruined with a cheap shot by Johnson and unability to keep his mouth shut. So, I guess 3 points is a insurmountalbe deficit to overcome? I'd hate to see what happens if they get down by worse.

The ref wanted to T Tanner up after his second personal foul. This in my mind is a ref coming in to the game with a pre-conceived idea that he is going to give a kid a technical. I watched the ref signal a weak foul on Tanner and then he watched Tanner's mouth all the way to the scorer's table and in my mind he was just hoping he could call a T on him to prove a point. This I believe was the same ref who called Tanner for a walk on one of his baskets, this overruled the other ref under the basket who called a foul on PC. And as was stated earlier, this was when the Birds were making their run.[/quote

 

I guess on the drive up to Alexandria this referee up and decided that he was looking to give a player a technical foul. I have been to countless games where an official kept his eye a player after a particular call just in case the player did say something. Thats just the facts. I will state once again that the officiating was very poor but it went both ways. Did the technical cost Highlands the game? Not at all. Did he deserve it? From where I was sitting, yes.

Amen. You get what you deserve, and Johnson deserved it. Pendleton deserved to win that game last night. They were in better shape then Highlands and they showed it. Pendleton subbed 6 guys in and out while Highlands subbed 9 in and out, and who was sucking wind? Pendleton came out strong and ended even stronger. Good win and glad to see the Wildcats kept their cool in a physical, hostile environment.

Yeah, I guess hitting three out of four free throws on the techincal and getting the ball back helped them deal with it, wouldn't you say! Funny how that works to get you pulled together.

Sounds to me like someone has a problem that their team got beat by a better team. Go ahead and blame it on the refs if you like but you weren't the best team last night.

Don't get me wrong. Highlands can play with any team in the state, they are good enought to do it. Pendleton was just more focused and apt to respond to the refs. It was bad both ways, who cares. Best of luck to Highlands in the 9th region tournament.

Noy sure how any of you could say he deserved a technical. He did not get the 'T' for the elbow. He got it for saying something to the official. Unless you were on the floor, you have no idea if he deserved it. Shoot, Willie didn't even hear what he said. Also, for clarification, Tanner did NOT throw an elbow. He raised his elbow when he was tangled up with a PC player. He deserved the foul, not sure if he deserved the 'T'.

:dancingpa It was a physical game all night and even though they only played 6 guys, Pendleton was definately the better conditioned team. Guidugli and Johnson play very physical and they got exactly what they deserve for the way they play. A seat on the bench before the end of the game. It may work on the football field, but there is a difference between good physical basketball and the way they play. It great that the 6th ranked team in the Northern Ky coaches poll can add another notch on their belt by beating the third of the five teams rated above them...... :flame:

I'm not so sure it's what he said that got him the T. In my opinion, how he said it is what prompted it.

We played a tough game tonight and deserved the win. It was a great night at the Desert. Thanks to CCHS for hosting a great tourney.

 

The second year in the desert classic and you would think that the school would do more to help draw games other than just PC. Overall good three games. I missed the first one and I understand that Harrison and Bracken Counties Coaches are too soft to stand up for there friend and fellow Coach Reitz. It seems to me that he always goes out of his way to support and promote kids in the 10th Region Basketball and for these two schools to call is off like they did is wrong!

Did you see Highlands huddle, NO. They were too busy arguing and complaining about the call. The fact that Highlands had just scored to cut it to three was a big deal in the game. Too bad it was ruined with a cheap shot by Johnson and unability to keep his mouth shut. So, I guess 3 points is a insurmountalbe deficit to overcome? I'd hate to see what happens if they get down by worse.

 

 

Were you watching the game, we were down by double digits and got to three, the "cheap shot" as you call it, was Tanner turning and getting tangled with Elliott. But I guess since you have all the answers you probably can tell me exactly what Tanner said too.

The ref wanted to T Tanner up after his second personal foul. This in my mind is a ref coming in to the game with a pre-conceived idea that he is going to give a kid a technical. I watched the ref signal a weak foul on Tanner and then he watched Tanner's mouth all the way to the scorer's table and in my mind he was just hoping he could call a T on him to prove a point. This I believe was the same ref who called Tanner for a walk on one of his baskets, this overruled the other ref under the basket who called a foul on PC. And as was stated earlier, this was when the Birds were making their run.[/quote

 

I guess on the drive up to Alexandria this referee up and decided that he was looking to give a player a technical foul. I have been to countless games where an official kept his eye a player after a particular call just in case the player did say something. Thats just the facts. I will state once again that the officiating was very poor but it went both ways. Did the technical cost Highlands the game? Not at all. Did he deserve it? From where I was sitting, yes.

 

 

Let me guess, you were sitting in the Pendleton County section

Sounds to me like someone has a problem that their team got beat by a better team. Go ahead and blame it on the refs if you like but you weren't the best team last night.

 

It sure looked like a lot of rabid PC fans in the midst of the big run for the bluebirds. One fan sitting almost at the top of the PC stands at midcourt ran half way down to the court to yell at the ref. I thought he was going to go on the floor had his wife (date) not stopped him. So don't tell me it was just HHS blaming the refs. And for your information I quoted on this thread PC is a good team.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.