Pendleton Co. 63 Highlands 52

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pendleton County continues to beat the best the 9th Region has to offer. Wonder where the Enquirer/Coaches Poll will put them this week.. How about 1st where they have belonged for the last 2 seasons for gods sake.

While I couldnt agree with you more, we all know its not going to happen. It will take winning the state tournament for PC to be ranked Number One.

Pendleton County continues to beat the best the 9th Region has to offer. Wonder where the Enquirer/Coaches Poll will put them this week.. How about 1st where they have belonged for the last 2 seasons for gods sake.

the poll is a joke since they don't consider PC part of NKY. That has been a thread all of it's own though. Everyone knows PC is the best team in area despite what the poll says.

According to the Pendleton fans sitting around me, the fouls were 30 something for Highlands and zero for Pendleton. Absolutely chicken call by the official on the technical on Tanner Johnson. As for the nobody getting hurt, I saw Pendleton being just as physical as Highlands. At the time of the technical, Highlands had clawed their way back into the game and were only down by 5.

According to the Pendleton fans sitting around me, the fouls were 30 something for Highlands and zero for Pendleton. Absolutely chicken call by the official on the technical on Tanner Johnson. As for the nobody getting hurt, I saw Pendleton being just as physical as Highlands. At the time of the technical, Highlands had clawed their way back into the game and were only down by 5.

I, for one, did not say that Highlands was any more physical than Pendleton. My point is that with the officiating being as bad as it was for both sides and the allowing of all the physical contact, I am surprised that someone did not get hurt. As for the technical, the boy did it the PC player with an elbow and then after that I do not know what he said.

It doesn't matter what a player says to the ref, and Johnson did say something to the ref, he/she SHOULD get a technical. Refs do not have to deal with players mouthing off. Players should play and put the ball in the hole and not have to react to a ref's decision. Coaches coach which includes: talking to their players, talking to the assistant coaches, and working up the refs. Refs call the game as they see it; it may not be perfect, but coaches and players both have to react to it in the best way possible. Adversity is going to come from the refs; you just have to deal with it. As for Johnson getting a technical, I agree. I have seen refs do the same thing to others players, and the consistency with refs in that aspect has been very decent.

There is not anything wrong with physical games. It favored both teams. I don't understand the chicken part of the T. It was deserved because Johnson was mouthing. That was the turning point. I think PC was taken out of their game tonight. This was not something I had seen this year.

I totally agree, Johnson did the deed and he paid the price. Maybe next time he'll think twice before he swings the elbow or pop's off. The elbow was one of many shots that both he and Ben gave out, I believe that they forgot that the football season ended in November or they were just getting ready for spring workouts. Being physical is one thing, however tackling on numerous occasions was uncalled for. The sad part of the whole play was that it followed a HHS basket and they had the momentum, it just was not necessary.

It doesn't matter what a player says to the ref, and Johnson did say something to the ref, he/she SHOULD get a technical. Refs do not have to deal with players mouthing off. Players should play and put the ball in the hole and not have to react to a ref's decision. Coaches coach which includes: talking to their players, talking to the assistant coaches, and working up the refs. Refs call the game as they see it; it may not be perfect, but coaches and players both have to react to it in the best way possible. Adversity is going to come from the refs; you just have to deal with it. As for Johnson getting a technical, I agree. I have seen refs do the same thing to others players, and the consistency with refs in that aspect has been very decent.

Even as a Highlands fan, I do get a little sick of seeing so much complaining from some of our players. I imagine that was what this technical foul was about. Though I wasn't there, I have seen Tanner mouth off to the refs after what he believes is a bad call. He probably deserved it. I'm sorry to hear that the birds lost this one, but hopefully we improve off of the HC loss and this one, and make a good run at state. They have a lot of heart, hopefully they can keep their intensity up, just as strong as it has been in these last few weeks.

There is not anything wrong with physical games. It favored both teams. I don't understand the chicken part of the T. It was deserved because Johnson was mouthing. That was the turning point. I think PC was taken out of their game tonight. This was not something I had seen this year.

We played a tough game tonight and deserved the win. It was a great night at the Desert. Thanks to CCHS for hosting a great tourney.