December 31, 201312 yr And if I could step through that wormhole, I'd like it to be the one where Le'Veon Bell was healthy from day 1, and Ben could ride him to No. 7, and I could ride him to the BGP Fantasy FB crown.
December 31, 201312 yr But nobody can skip to a parallel universe and take a do-over on any of the litany of bad out outcomes that cost the Steelers this year. Which means that -- at that point in time -- the no-call kept them out. Bingo. We have a winner!! At least somebody gets it.
December 31, 201312 yr Post #41. Your blaming the steelers not getting in on the refs from this game. We aren't close to agreeing. Every call impacts a game and a season. This call is #10,357 on the list of reason why the steelers aren't in. Sure it is. If the refs make the call And the chiefs make the FG because of getting to move up 5 yards and wr kick the steelers are in. You can also look at the quick whistle when the Chiefs ripped the ball out of waddles hands and ran it in for a TD. Either one and the Steelers could be playing this week. To sit there and point to something 2 months ago when that had no say in what happened Sunday is just a waste of time.
December 31, 201312 yr But nobody can skip to a parallel universe and take a do-over on any of the litany of bad out outcomes that cost the Steelers this year. Which means that -- at that point in time -- the no-call kept them out. That's what they get for playing like bums the first month and a half of the season. In my parallel universe the whole season matters. Not just what happens in week 17.
December 31, 201312 yr That's what they get for playing like bums the first month and a half of the season. In my parallel universe the whole season matters. Not just what happens in week 17. Very true, but every game also matters including the Chiefs and Chargers game.
December 31, 201312 yr Very true, but every game also matters including the Chiefs and Chargers game. Not if the steelers take care of their own business.
December 31, 201312 yr But nobody can skip to a parallel universe and take a do-over on any of the litany of bad out outcomes that cost the Steelers this year. Which means that -- at that point in time -- the no-call kept them out.If this is the best you got then argument over.
December 31, 201312 yr I'll leave it at this. The NFL admitted to the officials missed calling a penalty which would of gave the Chiefs another shot at a FG 5 yards closer. If the Chiefs would of made the FG and won the game then the steelers would be in the playoffs. It's not rocket science. To argue and say it would of made no difference whether the Steelers got in or not is just being stubborn. Of course it could of played a huge part in the Steelers getting into the playoffs. I will simply side with the NFL on this seeing how they actually are correct in this matter.
December 31, 201312 yr I'll leave it at this. The NFL admitted to the officials missed calling a penalty which would of gave the Chiefs another shot at a FG 5 yards closer. If the Chiefs would of made the FG and won the game then the steelers would be in the playoffs. It's not rocket science. To argue and say it would of made no difference whether the Steelers got in or not is just being stubborn. Of course it could of played a huge part in the Steelers getting into the playoffs. I will simply side with the NFL on this seeing how they actually are correct in this matter. Did the NFL say this miss cost the steelers the playoffs? That's what I thought. And who in the world ever claimed the refs didn't miss the call? And who said that the chiefs losing had no bearing on the steelers making the playoffs? Your entire post assumes a lot of things are being said that simply aren't.
January 1, 201412 yr How many games in the NFL come down to 1 score? Anyone that says the refs don't play a humongous role is totally blind to the importance of refs. Of course refs are going to miss calls. Of course guys are going to mess up plays. Of course some coaches are dumb. Doesn't in any way mean blown calls aren't huge. It mattered here to the Steelers big time and to say it didn't is crazy town. This is blowing a rule which is much bigger of a deal than a missed blown hold call. When you add to that that wild card teams have had some serious big runs lately and the post season in the Steelers finished the season really well this call is even bigger. I will add I'm happy about the blown call b/c I hate the Steelers and I don't want them getting hot and winning from the wild card. Seems like they've done that before.
January 1, 201412 yr How many games in the NFL come down to 1 score? Anyone that says the refs don't play a humongous role is totally blind to the importance of refs. Of course refs are going to miss calls. Of course guys are going to mess up plays. Of course some coaches are dumb. Doesn't in any way mean blown calls aren't huge. It mattered here to the Steelers big time and to say it didn't is crazy town. This is blowing a rule which is much bigger of a deal than a missed blown hold call. When you add to that that wild card teams have had some serious big runs lately and the post season in the Steelers finished the season really well this call is even bigger. I will add I'm happy about the blown call b/c I hate the Steelers and I don't want them getting hot and winning from the wild card. Seems like they've done that before. Okay.
January 1, 201412 yr Did the NFL say this miss cost the steelers the playoffs? That's what I thought. And who in the world ever claimed the refs didn't miss the call? And who said that the chiefs losing had no bearing on the steelers making the playoffs? Your entire post assumes a lot of things are being said that simply aren't. you assume the Chiefs would of missed the FG too. Edited January 1, 201412 yr by Hellbird
January 1, 201412 yr After all said and done, Steelers are out and I'm happy Edited January 1, 201412 yr by Hellbird
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.