Texas 86 North Carolina 83

sportsfan41

At the Dean Dome.

UNC shoots 24-47 from the free throw line.

Crazy finish with a flagrant 1 foul being called against Texas at the 25 second mark and Texas up 82-78 when their guard gets trapped on an inbounds play out of a time out. Both teams shot 2 free throws and then UNC got the ball, hit a 3 to get within 1. Texas then gets trapped in the exact same place and is forced to use their final timeout. Texas gets the ball inbounds in better position and misses 2 free throws but gets the ball back and makes a basket with 3.5 seconds left. Solid Tuesday night game. Wild finish.

24-47????? DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNN

They've struggled at the line all year it seems. All of the UK fans(myself included) were complaining about UK's free throw shooting when the two teams played but UK actually shot 10% better than UNC.

I think there were 81 free throws shot in tonight's game.

I had the pleasure of being at the Dean Dome tonight.

I liked it a lot. I like the feel of it. Seems more intimate than Rupp. All upper level seats are individual seats with a back ie not bench seating.

UNC does a really nice job of using former greats to get the crowd excited during breaks in play via video.

I was surprised to see a good amount of open seats in the upper level.

It did get really loud.

Fun time.

^ Are the students home for break? They could have re-sold seats in the student section which could account for spotty attendance up top.

There were students there. The open seats were scattered. Didn't appear to be student seats.