Ironton (OH) 53 Russell 50

Gagai had 21 points, Fairmont state was there to see him, had 17 the second half, Ironton had no let down after beating the 47th ranked team in the county wed night, Ironton would have probally beat anyteam in the region tonight, Blue Blazer got lucky! :banana:

Were you that impressed with Ironton?

I mean they have one really good player and a solid group of role players. I could see 4-5 teams in the 16th being very competitive or beating the Tigers.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m glad you asked.

Because he frequently asks other posters to back-up their predictions with a tattoo – I wondered if he applied the same standard to his own.

(“God forgive me for that right there, and be with all the starving pigmies in Indonesia, Amen.”)

BTW, Russell did give a good team a heck-of-a game. You have some talented players.

Good luck down the stretch.

I don't believe shooterx3 ever promised a tattoo if Russell lost.But if he did he would definitely deliver.He is a man of his word.And if you notice win or lose he is always here to post immediately unlike some others.

I don't believe shooterx3 ever promised a tattoo if Russell lost.But if he did he would definitely deliver.He is a man of his word.And if you notice win or lose he is always here to post immediately unlike some others.

thanks ac, but for the record, at41 was the only poster who ever offered to get a tattoo if his team lost, and that was the infamous Fairview vs Ashland game, he was attempting to prove the confidence that he had in his team

and that little old Fairview would never beat his Tomcats. The rest as they say is history, I just enjoyed the moment so much that the "tattoo reference" comes up again as a reference to guage the person's confidence in their team. I thought my team would win last night, they didnt, but I did not offer a "tattoo guarantee" ala at41 style. As far as Ironton being a good team, they are not that impressive as individuals when you get past Gaigai, but they play as a team, play hard nosed, do the little things that give you a shot to win as a team, like hitting free throws, and they probally beat the Div 4 state champs in South Webster, and the 47th ranked team in the Country, Huntington High. Yes, there are several other teams in the 16th that would give them a competive game, but would find out like Russell did last night, "close only counts in horse shoes". Russell inside players will have to become more of a factor if Russell is going to have a shot at the region.Scott Gill can do anything he wants too, he is just going to have to want too! Ross Turner will be a contributor down the stretch too. :thumb:

Just my two cents

Now on to Elliot County, two more practice games until the SEASON STARTS

thanks ac, but for the record, at41 was the only poster who ever offered to get a tattoo if his team lost, and that was the infamous Fairview vs Ashland game, he was attempting to prove the confidence that he had in his team

and that little old Fairview would never beat his Tomcats. The rest as they say is history, I just enjoyed the moment so much that the "tattoo reference" comes up again as a reference to guage the person's confidence in their team. I thought my team would win last night, they didnt, but I did not offer a "tattoo guarantee" ala at41 style. As far as Ironton being a good team, they are not that impressive as individuals when you get past Gaigai, but they play as a team, play hard nosed, do the little things that give you a shot to win as a team, like hitting free throws, and they probally beat the Div 4 state champs in South Webster, and the 47th ranked team in the Country, Huntington High. Yes, there are several other teams in the 16th that would give them a competive game, but would find out like Russell did last night, "close only counts in horse shoes". Russell inside players will have to become more of a factor if Russell is going to have a shot at the region.Scott Gill can do anything he wants too, he is just going to have to want too! Ross Turner will be a contributor down the stretch too. :thumb:

Just my two cents

Now on to Elliot County, two more practice games until the SEASON STARTS

Beat a short-handed 47th ranked team.....How did Ironton lose five games?...Good team but Devils get any help for Vanhoose and they win this game.

short handed 47 ranked team? One of the guys that got to start because they were "short handed" was Michael Taylor, remember him? He should be starting anyhow and would be an all state player in Kentucky this year,hhow short were they? down to about 77th team in the country on their floor lol!

Ironton also beat Columbus Desales, a d-1 team with Clark Kellogs son on it

on the other hand, your right, I thought going in Russell would win and in hindsight could have very well won this game :thumb:

The concession stand worker (whose son is a safety patrol kid and boy scout too) apologized for the call made against Russell when Austin Blair got tripped and should have gone to the foul line for a 1 and 1 late but instead called Gill for sticking his hip out as he turned to roll toward the basket, you dont make that call in that situation :irked:

I believe Ironton's still respected more on last year's performance more than anything as far as the respectability factor...at least that's what I was told by some. I've not seen them play, so I can't make the 100% judgement.

Jonathan showed why HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE REGION. A post the other day asked who the best shooter in the region was. I think you got your answer tonight. He was just amazing.ON :flame: With that said, Russell will have to get some help from others to have a chance in Morehead. I believe Blair and Gill can bring that help when they want to. Lavender's intentional foul really hurt the devils tonight, those 3 (should've been 4) points were the difference between overtime and the lost. Could've possibly been flagrant foul, he definately caught a break from the official. Then, they rewarded 1 FT after the basket and it should've been 2 FT even with the made basket. It was a really fun game to watch, with Vanhoose and Gagai going back and forth. Wow, what a game. :ylsuper: Good luck to the :devil: :devil: :devil: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Jonathan showed why HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE REGION.

Vanhoose is very good and will probably get player of the year.......................................................................................................................................next year. As for this year, I think it is pretty obvious that the honor will go to Antonio Owens. :ylsuper: :banana:

Agree. Russell's inside game is going to have make there presence known. Gill & Lavender & Turner can do it. They are just going to have get physical and move ther feet and get in position. GET PHYSICAL. With the absence of Clark the bench can step it up. Russell will make a good run thru the district & region. Let's get ready to go to Sandy Hook for a god test before district start. :fire: :fire: :fire: