Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati/Xavier predictions

Cincinnati vs. Xavier 6 members have voted

  1. 1. Cincinnati vs. Xavier

    • Cincinnati (7-1)
      66%
    • Xavier (7-3)
      33%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Cincinnati 72-67.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cincinnati 72-67.

 

Going to take a few OTs to get to that many points...

.........

 

My 2nd favorite sporting event in Cincy every year behind Opening Day. So bizarre that a city with nearly 1.9 million adults root arm in arm for the Reds and Bengals, then want to kill each other for 2 hours, before locking arms again for the Bengals game on Sunday.

 

I think, on paper, Xavier has the deeper roster (and probably the highest draft pick / most likely NBA contributor), however, with all of that said, I think UC is playing better right now and will win on Saturday night. To Gametime's point, the offense will be at a premium in this one. I think the winner gets over 60, but just barely.

 

Xavier 55

Cincinnati 62

 

Keys: Xavier's turnovers (12 or less and they are in a great position) and rebounding margin. One team has big, thick, strong posts, one has athletic, bouncy, and long posts. Whichever team owns the glass will be in good shape. I expect both teams' shooting percentages to be low and both teams have been dreadful in stretches in the half-court.

 

Will be a blast, and while it likely won't be "pretty", it will darn sure be entertaining.

Backwards James is the better draft prospect, but he isn't a better college player than SK...

Backwards James is the better draft prospect, but he isn't a better college player than SK...

 

Did someone say he was a better college player? I agree with you 100%.

Did someone say he was a better college player? I agree with you 100%.

 

Did I quote you? Just making a statement... :D

Why does this game get NO WHERE NEAR the hype it once did? I realize the teams are not in the top as they were when the rivalry was a national story but usually when these two hook up, records don't necessary matter. It's just a ho-hum game, I for one miss the "nastiness" for lack of a better word. Absolutely not much coverage or mention like in the past...............there I go again, the past.

Plenty of tickets left. Only 10k sold as of today. Ouch. Expected since it is not part of any season tix package but still.....

Plenty of tickets left. Only 10k sold as of today. Ouch. Expected since it is not part of any season tix package but still.....

 

They'll have walk ups tomorrow, but won't get near the 14k they had last year. Ticket prices are outrageous, which doesn't help Joe Average Fan.

They'll have walk ups tomorrow, but won't get near the 14k they had last year. Ticket prices are outrageous, which doesn't help Joe Average Fan.

 

That's my biggest complaint with the game being downtown. Their price point is WAY off base...

Agreed on all points regarding the rivalry and it slowly fading.

 

At one point this was a game that anyone and everyone in Cincinnati attended. National coverage by ESPN all week leading up to it and this year it is on Fox Sports 1 because it is X turn to host.

 

The more I think about it, maybe moving the game back to campus is the best option? And yes I know that will never happen because UC will never play at Cintas again after the past two incidents there. It really wouldn't surprise me if this is the last year we see this rivalry for a few years.

 

GT, will you be down on press row tomorrow night?

I'll be there, but where we sit isn't exactly "press row"...

In regards to the game being downtown instead of on campus, as someone mentioned to me this week college kids by the Banks on a Saturday night smells like trouble.

I'll be there, but where we sit isn't exactly "press row"...

 

I usually am right next to Byron and Joe...I'd hope that doesn't change but I guess we'll see.

I usually am right next to Byron and Joe...I'd hope that doesn't change but I guess we'll see.

 

You'll be up in the second level of US Bank with the rest of us...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.