Highlands vs. Holy Cross

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen Highlands but I know they have at least one strong inside presence and from what I've read they have a few nice players on the perimeter. HC is weak in the middle so the advantage has to go to the Birds.

HHS 62

HC 51

The Tanner Johnson kid is a good defender but his offense is lacking this year. Jeffrey Vories is the straw that makes this team stir..... Simpson(soph) has hangtime and good offensive skills. Eaton is a scrappy kid who gets every loose ball. Hudy is solid defender and can drain the 3. I really like Michael Smith, he is big, bangs and has some decent offensive skills. Hits the midrange jumper usually. Guidugli will probably get some points in the paint as well. I just hope the Indians don't start bombing 3's like they are going out of style. If HHS plays the man to man they always play, they should outman them and take shots away. HC needs to call up old Andre Mclendon for this matchup.... they will need him.

Its Senior night at HC so I doubt its a blow out. Highlands is playing a team who likes to play the same way in the post as they do, very physical. Everygame people discount Scrugss ability of defending in the post and most games he proves most people wrong. Steeken is more than able to body up with Johnson or Ben G. and Scruggs vice versa.

Highlands is the favorite, but just because its on HC home floor, its senior night, and there on a roll:

HC 63

HHS 60

Ok people want to talk mismatches , one of Highlands post players are going to have to come out top and guard Steeken, and neither are as good as an all around basketball player as Steeken is, thats a mismatch HC has going for them.

Sounds like a job for "Superman"......Ben Guidugli !!

Ok people want to talk mismatches , one of Highlands post players are going to have to come out top and guard Steeken, and neither are as good as an all around basketball player as Steeken is, thats a mismatch HC has going for them.

You would know better then I but do you think Steenken has had the type of year that some thought he would?