KJ Black

LeatherFace

I'm sure KJ is a great player and very good student but playing QB at WKU may get a little tough. Red shirt freshman Brandon Smith (Boyle Co.) suits up this year. I'd say Brandon gets a few snaps this year in certian situations. I want to wish all Ky. kids well and do your best at all times..................LTW.

^ I would be willing to bet that we'll see Mr. Smith moving positions...

I think I give the kid with 3 State Championships and 1 Runner Up a shot at QB before a remarkable athlete. Being a winner elevates everyone around you, Smith has confidence in himself that Black probably can't fathom. When you have confidence in yourself as a teammate, everyone else has confidence in you. Brandon Smith will get his shot, and he will succeed it's proven that failure isn't in his vocabulary along with the rest of the Boyle County players.

The real question at WKU is, who is expected to step up first? Brandon Smith is a very tough kid and has proven time and again he can lead a team and take a game on his shoulders. KJ has a little to prove in that respect as he has had the luxury of some "big" playmakers to throw the ball to. I do not think you can find a much tougher High School QB than Smith was at Boyle. He could hurt you running the ball as well as passing the ball. He was not afraid to take a hit. KJ can run with the ball but is an awful big target to take big shots. He will need to get tougher and be able to play through some of the pain and little injuries to lead them at WKU.