Is there any reason Shelby Co. is not ranked in the Herald Leader Top 25?

teeroy

This team is getting no respect around the state. What a joke. The winners of the 5th 3rd have argueably the state's top player in Slaughter. Not to mention a point guard runs the team well, two very good bigman especially the extremely talented Wade and some decent depth. This team is a legit top 5 team. They have only two losses and most of their wins have come by double digits.

Any thoughts on why no respect around the state.

Honestly, some of Shelby's scores haven't been all that impressive. I've seen Shelby play, and they're about as athletic as any team in the state, but by looking at some of their scores, they don't always seem to be getting the most out of their talent. Nevertheless, I think Shelby is a legitimate top-10 team.

I don't think they are in the Lit Rankings either. Its because of the teams they have played since the 5/3rd tournamnet and the unimpressive outcomes. They won all those but some of the score are close. If they would of played a couple of top twenty teams in that span win or lose I believe they would of stayed in the rankings. Still a dangerous team. They finish with two tough games next week of which they will struggle with both of those teams but should win.

Shelby's fall from the rankings probably has more to do with their lack of blowout victories. Their schedule over the second half of the season has not been as strong and they have, if you follow the scores, been doing just enough to win. It is impossible to argue against the ability that Shelby possesses and the "potential" that they have. I have only watched them play a few times and it seems their biggest problem is lack of a vocal leader on the floor. I have saw Wade, on occassion, try to get his team inspired to play but, in my opinion (for what its worth), I believe the team would respond better to Slaughter. I think Slaughter has to step up and be more vocal in order for Shelby to reach their full potential. I just can't see the other kids on that team not responding if their best, and possibly the state's best player, challenged them to do so. If I were coaching at Shelby, to note I am not nor am I a fan of those who try to coach from the bleachers, I would have Slaughter seek out the Chambers kid before every game and get him pumped up to play. I have saw a number of the state's post players this year and I can only think of a handful that possess the same skill set for a kid that size. I have saw him take over a few games on offense and if he and Slaughter pick up their intensity levels at this point in the season there won't be anyway that Shelby could be overlooked.

Shelby's fall from the rankings probably has more to do with their lack of blowout victories. Their schedule over the second half of the season has not been as strong and they have, if you follow the scores, been doing just enough to win. It is impossible to argue against the ability that Shelby possesses and the "potential" that they have. I have only watched them play a few times and it seems their biggest problem is lack of a vocal leader on the floor. I have saw Wade, on occassion, try to get his team inspired to play but, in my opinion (for what its worth), I believe the team would respond better to Slaughter. I think Slaughter has to step up and be more vocal in order for Shelby to reach their full potential. I just can't see the other kids on that team not responding if their best, and possibly the state's best player, challenged them to do so. If I were coaching at Shelby, to note I am not nor am I a fan of those who try to coach from the bleachers, I would have Slaughter seek out the Chambers kid before every game and get him pumped up to play. I have saw a number of the state's post players this year and I can only think of a handful that possess the same skill set for a kid that size. I have saw him take over a few games on offense and if he and Slaughter pick up their intensity levels at this point in the season there won't be anyway that Shelby could be overlooked.

There's some good points here.

Once Shelby got into the 8th Region part of their schedule, their strength of schedule dropped off because of how weak the 8th is. Had they been blasting these teams by 30+, you would probably see them in the top 20, and possibly top 10. The Cantrall Ratings reward teams for running up the score.