Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 81 Eastern Michigan 63

Featured Replies

James Young couldn't throw it in the ocean in this game. The Cats just don't shoot the 3 well at all and I thought this team would. Oh well, got the win.

James Young couldn't throw it in the ocean in this game. The Cats just don't shoot the 3 well at all and I thought this team would. Oh well, got the win.

 

Warned you guys this would be a streaky team from the perimeter before the season. Lots of options that are hot and cold but none that are a true knock down shooter...

James Young couldn't throw it in the ocean in this game. The Cats just don't shoot the 3 well at all and I thought this team would. Oh well, got the win.

 

I'm surprised by the team's lack of 3 point accuracy, too. Especially Young. All the talk leading up to the start of the season was that he was a knock down dead-eye shooter from behind the arc. Hopefully the team's outside shooting will improve as the season progresses and will stop teams from packing their zones back into the lane on Randle and the other big guys.

I'm surprised by the team's lack of 3 point accuracy' date=' too. Especially Young. All the talk leading up to the start of the season was that he was a knock down dead-eye shooter from behind the arc. Hopefully the team's outside shooting will improve as the season progresses and will stop teams from packing their zones back into the lane on Randle and the other big guys.[/quote']

 

 

I disagree, I think that was a false perception. I think the common notion about Aaron and James was that they were both elite scorers and not as much elite spot up or knock down shooters. Both capable of scoring in bunches and both capable of getting hot, but any scouting report that stated they were knock down shooters was incorrect IMO.

 

No matter how you slice it though the two of them can score he call and they need to attack more than just settling for jumpers. Even against the zone both need to work on getting some penetration and not just laying back waiting for a shot.

I also agree about the zone. I know Cal is as anti zone as a coach can be but I've also heard/read that he was going to try to get at least 10-15 minutes of zone in a game to rest some guys and keep them out of foul trouble. I've loved his man to man switch everything philosophy since he's been at UK, when the team buys in they are usually great defensively. However this team just cries for zone. I would love to see a combination because this team would be good no matter the philosophy. I could see them being just as dangerous as a 1-3-1 and 3-2 team as a 2-3. Hopefully we will start to see some of that , even if it's just for a little spurt.

Warned you guys this would be a streaky team from the perimeter before the season. Lots of options that are hot and cold but none that are a true knock down shooter...

 

Aaron Harrison has a pretty jumper tho. :lol2:

 

I thought Andrew was supposed to be the better of the two but so far I've been more impressed with Aaron.

Aaron Harrison has a pretty jumper tho. :lol2:

 

I thought Andrew was supposed to be the better of the two but so far I've been more impressed with Aaron.

Aaron has always been the better shooter. When he has it going he can roll off 5 or 6 in a hurry. Problem is he might miss the next 10 when he cools off...

Aaron Harrison has a pretty jumper tho. :lol2: I thought Andrew was supposed to be the better of the two but so far I've been more impressed with Aaron.

 

Aaron is Doron Lamb, Andrew was supposed to be able to get to the rim at will and draw fouls, we've seen little of that so far.

Aaron is Doron Lamb, Andrew was supposed to be able to get to the rim at will and draw fouls, we've seen little of that so far.

 

Aaron isn't even close to Lamb as a consistent perimeter threat right now...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.