Best Dunker in the State

Alex Curry from Conner can flat out jump. He isn't spectacular though.

Arrez is probably the most prolific dunker in the state. He is the best I've seen in past few years. He's only about 5'10" I belive.

I'm pretty sure he is 6' 1'' :fight:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The slam dunk that DeWalt of Warren Central had against Mason Cty in the State Championship game 2 years ago may very well be the greatest dunk that I have ever witnessed on the high school level. Absolutely incredibile..

That was one of the best dunks I've seen on any level, if you're talking about the dunk that he had off of a missed shot. Absolutely a freak of an athlete.

That was one of the best dunks I've seen on any level, if you're talking about the dunk that he had off of a missed shot. Absolutely a freak of an athlete.

:thumb: There was a group of us from Ludlow attending that game and we all just sort looked at each other and asked "What did we just see". Just an amazing dunk. Not enough words to do it justice.

:thumb: There was a group of us from Ludlow attending that game and we all just sort looked at each other and asked "What did we just see". Just an amazing dunk. Not enough words to do it justice.

DeWalt had some incredible dunks that day, both against Cov Cath & Mason County.

Lonnell DeWalt

The slam dunk that DeWalt of Warren Central had against Mason Cty in the State Championship game 2 years ago may very well be the greatest dunk that I have ever witnessed on the high school level. Absolutely incredibile..

He brung down the house at Rupp with is big put back dunks! :eek:

By the way one of the greatest warmup dunks I ever saw was Joe Harney off the American Flag at the top of the HC wall, reverse slam.

If you want to bring up past high risers, lets not forget about Charles Sheffield from LLoyd. About 6'4" caught an oop one handed versus Walton in the 1st round of the districts in 1996. He had to be midway up the square, ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

Darius Miller at Mason County is a leaper. He's a 6 foot 4 inch (?) sophomore and he reminds me a lot of a Chuck Davis from Alabama. I saw him follow a miss against I think it was Montgomery. He can also put it on the floor and has a dangerous mid-range jumper. If this kid gets goin they could beat anyone in the region. A couple of missed oppurtunities away from beating Pendleton, where Miller controlled the game and was without a doubt the best player on the floor the entire game.

Scott Gill from Russell can dunk just about any way he wants.

Gil is maybe 6'. But how many guys right at 6 feet tall can stand under the basket and go straight up with a two hand slam? I've seen Gil do it on many occassions. He explodes and it looks so easy.