Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU in for a long year?

Featured Replies

I would have agreed with you before BlueandGold promised me Bezold will be the head coach there for years to come.

 

I'll say this, the Bezold situation at NKU reminds me so much of the David Elson situation at WKU when they transitioned into D1 and were stock-piling players on the redshirt list and enduring losses for the greater good down the road. Some interesting parallels.

 

One thing though, do not expect Bezold to redshirt any freshman in the near future or at all. He'll likely redshirt players as sophomores or juniors. And I'm pretty certain on him staying. He's devoted to the program and the university loves that.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Bez does stay but any time you have a new AD who is not familiar with you and might need to build excitement/ticket sales you're subject to being in the unemployment line.

Northern Kentucky University - NKU sees impressive season ticket growth in D-I

 

During NKU's debut as a Division I member last season, the Norse men's basketball program led the Atlantic Sun Conference in average home attendance at 3,551 per game. Since announcing its move to Division I in December of 2011, NKU's basketball season ticket base has grown by a whopping 60 percent.

Northern Kentucky University - NKU sees impressive season ticket growth in D-I

 

During NKU's debut as a Division I member last season, the Norse men's basketball program led the Atlantic Sun Conference in average home attendance at 3,551 per game. Since announcing its move to Division I in December of 2011, NKU's basketball season ticket base has grown by a whopping 60 percent.

 

How many season tickets were there in DII? Can't be more than 500 to 1000.

 

So even at the high end they went from 1,000 to 1,600.

 

The key stat is how many people paid per game last year and is that number going up this year?

I would have agreed with you before BlueandGold promised me Bezold will be the head coach there for years to come.

Well, we can talk to him within a year or so about it :)

I know, so am I. You can't convince me they get less coverage than Miami.

 

I will disagree with you. I heard Radio ads and see internet ads all the time for Miami Basketball, NKU nothing.

Well, we can talk to him within a year or so about it :)

 

I'll be waiting.

NKU is now 6-9 with tonight's victory over Jacksonville. 1500 on hand to see NKU go 2-1 in the ASun.

 

Coach Bez doing a nice job.

  • Author

Jordan Jackson may be one of the best guards in the Ohio/KY/Indiana area. I think he had 29 tonight. Pound for pound he is worth every penny of your admission price.

  • Author

And I will say this for the 100th time. I was there when NKU said there was 6671 in attendance. I was there tonight when 1500 where in attendance. I was there for the NAVY game when 985 where in attendance. I was there for all the Boys 9th region high school sessions last Spring. Ain't no way NKU has ever had more people in the building for a b-ball game than what was there for each session of the 9th region tournament.

Bezold is doing an outstanding job. No question.

And I will say this for the 100th time. I was there when NKU said there was 6671 in attendance. I was there tonight when 1500 where in attendance. I was there for the NAVY game when 985 where in attendance. I was there for all the Boys 9th region high school sessions last Spring. Ain't no way NKU has ever had more people in the building for a b-ball game than what was there for each session of the 9th region tournament.

 

Except for the exhibition game against Louisville in 2008 when they opened the BOKC. I haven't been to all of the 9th Region Tournament games there, but I have a hard time believing they had more than a near full capacity crowd that was there for this game. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things and your point is still very valid.

 

I've been bummed that I haven't been able to make more games. Been to busy with other priorities and will be Monday night too.

  • Author
Except for the exhibition game against Louisville in 2008 when they opened the BOKC. I haven't been to all of the 9th Region Tournament games there, but I have a hard time believing they had more than a near full capacity crowd that was there for this game. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things and your point is still very valid.

 

I've been bummed that I haven't been able to make more games. Been to busy with other priorities and will be Monday night too.

 

True but that was not even a real game. The only other time a NKU function had more attendance than the 9th region high school games is when NKU graduation is held in the BOKC.

 

While we are on the subject NKU has got to be disappointed with the number of events booked by the BOKC management into the BOKC. When it opened there were claims of holding 250 events a year there. They are lucky if there are 50 events there a year including NKU basketball games.

Was there Saturday night. Fun game, and for $10 a seat, can't beat the price.

 

Really like the two little guards NKU has. #2 and #23 (I believe). Also, do they have a Sr. that plays? Seems they're a very young team. Coach Bezold has done a tremendous job with this bunch. If they're able to get eligible for postseason play next season, they'll be right there in contention to win the conference.

Was there Saturday night. Fun game, and for $10 a seat, can't beat the price.

 

Really like the two little guards NKU has. #2 and #23 (I believe). Also, do they have a Sr. that plays? Seems they're a very young team. Coach Bezold has done a tremendous job with this bunch. If they're able to get eligible for postseason play next season, they'll be right there in contention to win the conference.

 

They had one senior (Chad Jackson); but he redshirted. By far Jordan Jackson is their best player. He's a shifty little guard and he's REALLY good. He's probably capable of playing at some bigger schools.

 

Coach Bezold's doing a good job thus far and it definitely looks like the program's continuing to improve. I can tell you NKU will not be postseason eligible next year though. It was brought up at the conference meetings during the summer as a possibility if enough teams left the conference; but it's pretty much not going to happen unfortunately.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.