Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU in for a long year?

Featured Replies

In regards to the dorm space, I can say that they were at capacity before the move to D-1. Wait lists to get into the dorms were 250+ in 2008 & 2009. I can't speak to that now, but I'd imagine that they are still full, which is why they have purchased the rest of Lakeside.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of D1 schools lose a ton of money on athletics and those with meager football programs are the leaders of the pack. NKU was losing money in D2 and they will lose money in D1.

 

Just will be losing more money at D1.

No, I know they have space for new halls, but is there space in current halls, or, can they take on more debt to build new ones.

 

I was discussing this with a few buddies who I went to NKU with and this was a major concern of ours as well. Obviously D1 athletics will help with enrollment, but how much bigger can NKU get and how much bigger does it want to get. Parking is already a nightmare or atleast it was a decade ago. I just don't know of cost vs reward look through points to D1 being the best option.

 

What is classroom space like at this point? If new buildings were needed could NKU get them built?

 

I wish them the best and I hope it works out.

I was discussing this with a few buddies who I went to NKU with and this was a major concern of ours as well. Obviously D1 athletics will help with enrollment, but how much bigger can NKU get and how much bigger does it want to get. Parking is already a nightmare or atleast it was a decade ago. I just don't know of cost vs reward look through points to D1 being the best option.

 

What is classroom space like at this point? If new buildings were needed could NKU get them built?

 

I wish them the best and I hope it works out.

 

Every issue that has been touched on in this thread was part of the process to hire a repalcement for Jane Meier when Dr. Votruba was heading towards D1 and needed an AD to lead the charge. The school knew of the potential issues, had heard from many that they had done many things backwards, and had a hard time finding the AD "with D1 experience" that they sought before ultimatley settling on Scott Eaton. Wow....look how that worked out.

 

Like you, I wish the best for NKU. I have a soft spot in my heart for them for several reasons and I hope that they ultimately do what is best for the school, whatever that ends up being.

It will be a very long year for NKU.

Bezold is in over his head.

It will be a very long year for NKU.

Bezold is in over his head.

 

His best two players are redshirting so that they can save their eligibility for a year with at least a little significance. With a third player, who probably would have started that is injured. Hard to be successful with that happening.

I hate to say it or put it this way, but this season really means nothing, and Chad Jackson knows it as well as all of us. They are still Ineligible for tournament play. Smart move by Beez to prepare themselves for "when it counts".

I hate to say it or put it this way, but this season really means nothing, and Chad Jackson knows it as well as all of us. They are still Ineligible for tournament play. Smart move by Beez to prepare themselves for "when it counts".

 

Well tanking a season is a great way to build corporate and fan support. At least some other coach will get Jackson an extra year.

Well tanking a season is a great way to build corporate and fan support. At least some other coach will get Jackson an extra year.

 

I can promise you one thing, Coach Bezold WILL be the basketball coach for years to come. The school is backing him, and they think he has NKU on the right path. One bad season will not change this.

This year may be the swan song for the staff.

 

I would have agreed with you before BlueandGold promised me Bezold will be the head coach there for years to come.

 

I'll say this, the Bezold situation at NKU reminds me so much of the David Elson situation at WKU when they transitioned into D1 and were stock-piling players on the redshirt list and enduring losses for the greater good down the road. Some interesting parallels.

I would have agreed with you before BlueandGold promised me Bezold will be the head coach there for years to come.

 

I'll say this, the Bezold situation at NKU reminds me so much of the David Elson situation at WKU when they transitioned into D1 and were stock-piling players on the redshirt list and enduring losses for the greater good down the road. Some interesting parallels.

 

I would think after the first year of D-1 that would be the case for a lot of schools making the jump? Right?

I can promise you one thing, Coach Bezold WILL be the basketball coach for years to come. The school is backing him, and they think he has NKU on the right path. One bad season will not change this.

 

 

If your promise is correct, it's a shame.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.