Just to stir the pot again. Who should make the playoffs?

All Tell

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A very cursory examination of the teams advancing to Round 3 in all classes shows that only 2 teams seeded 3 or 4 have advanced. (Somerset in 2A and Mercer Co. in 4A). Does this add fuel to the fire that to many teams make the playoffs?

Not at all if anything it says that the system is right. Wouldn't you want the best teams in the playoffs? Even if only 1 3 or 4 seed winning any game in the playoffs is proof enough that it's working.

When you look at all the great 2nd round matchups, it makes you wish for that type competition in every round. You could have heard a pin drop on here prior to last weeks game and very little discussion about the upcoming games. Even after the games, very little comment. Just an overall boring week of football. Plus, you'd hate to see a difference maker type player get hurt on a team that's had a great year in a 50 to zip blowout win and ruin that teams chances to make a long run. Plus, I'd like to go back to the title games being played on Thanksgiving weekend. I would like to go back to the 2 team district winners or even go the top teams in each district plus the next best 16 teams regardless of district, as some districts are strong and have more than 2 deserving teams while others have 1 and then a bunch of weak sisters of the poor. I think 24 teams in each class is plenty, with the district champs getting a 1st round bye.

4 teams from each district make it. There are some districts with 5 and 6 teams in them. Some with only 4 and 1 with only 3. There are 20 something teams that don't make it.

I think I'm in the boat of too many currently make it. I think the first week of the playoffs is useless.

I would be in the camp of only the top 2 teams make the playoffs if the 3 and 4 seeds never won. But the fact the they do win is proof enough they should be in. There are blowouts in every round so no big deal. The fact that last year alone a 3 seed made it to the state championship game is all the proof I need that it's working.