November 8, 201312 yr I grew up on Crescent in Ft. Thomas and used to cut through those apartments to walk home from school. They were crapholes 40 years ago so I can only imagine what they are now. The person that owns them lives in A-town but is from Ft. Thomas as well. I wish someone would convince her to tear them all down! Make her an offer, everyone has their price. And yes, they are still crapholes. They have been the subject of a couple city council meetings recently.
November 8, 201312 yr You know what I like about Ft. Thomas? A boy gets punched, a woman gets her butt slapped, and maybe a child gets pushed off his tricycle and it's a crime wave worthy of multiple print and tv stories. Life is good.
November 8, 201312 yr The brand new one at the very top. When they shut down the housing units near the River/4th Street bridge in Newport, they were basically re-located there. I'm guessing they know that's where these kids are generating from. By the location of 2 of the attacks and the location of the one Attack near the Fort, it kind of makes sense. Hoping the police shut this thing down quickly!They relocated a lot of them to Section 8 apartments in Ft. Thomas -- especially in the south end.
November 8, 201312 yr Make her an offer, everyone has their price. And yes, they are still crapholes. They have been the subject of a couple city council meetings recently. I spoke to someone who should know, the other night, and it seems that owner is looking to sell them. It would be nice if someone either totally renovated them or came up with a new concept for that property.
November 8, 201312 yr You know what I like about Ft. Thomas? A boy gets punched, a woman gets her butt slapped, and maybe a child gets pushed off his tricycle and it's a crime wave worthy of multiple print and tv stories. Life is good. Years ago someone in the local (Maysville) paper did a human interest story on Mount Olivet (Robertson County). Said that it was a major crime wave when someone put a quarter in the machine and took two newspapers instead of one.
November 8, 201312 yr Years ago someone in the local (Maysville) paper did a human interest story on Mount Olivet (Robertson County). Said that it was a major crime wave when someone put a quarter in the machine and took two newspapers instead of one. Those were the days!
November 8, 201312 yr I saw this quote in the comments section of the story: "To the lady above, I wouldnt trade Fort Thomas for any other place. I lived in Independence for a bit before coming back home and trust me its worse other places, way worse. I moved so my child could be safe and go to the best possible schools." I hope uk#1fan doesn't see that one. He may pop a blood vessel. We run all the bad eggs out to Fort Thomas!
November 8, 201312 yr A friend of mine posted this on Facebook: "There is a guy standing by the the on ramp to 471 S near Moock Rd. with a sign that reads:"4 black thugs loose in Ft. Thomas" He had 2 cops talking to him so he might not be there long.
November 9, 201312 yr Any link or info on who they caught?Not even from that area. One was from Covington, one from Park Hills, and one from Ft Mitchell.
November 11, 201312 yr Real tough guys pushing a 2-year-old off his tricycle and harassing a woman. Cowards like that wouldn't last a day in boot camp in any branch of the military but when it comes to victimizing a child or a woman, they think they're gangsters. Complete and total losers.
November 11, 201312 yr Real tough guys pushing a 2-year-old off his tricycle and harassing a woman. Cowards like that wouldn't last a day in boot camp in any branch of the military but when it comes to victimizing a child or a woman, they think they're gangsters. Complete and total losers. So true, so very true. Reminds me of what my Grandfather used to say. He said every kid should have to serve in the military for a minimum of 2 years out of high school. The more I see young, disrespectful kids doing stuff like this, the more I agree with Gramps. Ooh Rah Gramps!!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.