Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Random assault attacks are happening in Ft. Thomas

Featured Replies

It says the link doesn't exist. Was it a false report or did they get away? :cool:

 

Saw the same thing. My guess is that the fine city of Fort Thomas does not want bad publicity for the city and had the article pulled. Ever notice the arrest notices for Fort Thomas in the recorder? Seems like there is never an arrest made on a citizen of that town. All of the crime comes from surrounding cities?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw the same thing. My guess is that the fine city of Fort Thomas does not want bad publicity for the city and had the article pulled. Ever notice the arrest notices for Fort Thomas in the recorder? Seems like there is never an arrest made on a citizen of that town. All of the crime comes from surrounding cities?

I don't think that's it. Otherwise, the story would have never appeared there in the first place. Capturing the criminals would actually be GOOD publicity for the city, once the crimes have become common knowledge.

It says the link doesn't exist. Was it a false report or did they get away? :cool:

 

Not sure, my guess is it was a false report.

Saw the same thing. My guess is that the fine city of Fort Thomas does not want bad publicity for the city and had the article pulled. Ever notice the arrest notices for Fort Thomas in the recorder? Seems like there is never an arrest made on a citizen of that town. All of the crime comes from surrounding cities?

 

A more reasonable conclusion is that it was a false report. That is a blog that does post items sent in by others. As for the rest of your comment, the recorder has arrests by citizens listed every week. Want to try again?

I grew up on Crescent in Ft. Thomas and used to cut through those apartments to walk home from school. They were crapholes 40 years ago so I can only imagine what they are now. The person that owns them lives in A-town but is from Ft. Thomas as well. I wish someone would convince her to tear them all down!

  • Author
"Swing away Merrill. Merrill... swing away"

 

They didn't have good bats when "Lobo's" was the in thing.......Wasn't it a TPS "Blue Thunder" bat that was the bat of choice. Couldn't you chalk a tire with it?....LOL! You probably still have yours!

I seem to recall TAC using a "Big Orange" because the Steele bats were too heavy for him. TPS bats were just coming out when he was in his prime.

They didn't have good bats when "Lobo's" was the in thing.......Wasn't it a TPS "Blue Thunder" bat that was the bat of choice. Couldn't you chalk a tire with it?....LOL! You probably still have yours!

 

Ever since the Sports Arena went out of business I couldn't afford the new bats. I think I have my blue TPS. Oh yes I also had a big Orange until I bulked up on chicken wings at softball city and could swing the heavy lumber. All I have to say is those punks would never have messed with Thurday night softball players at the Fort!

Reading thru this thread got me day dreaming about The Sports Arena, softball city bucket of wings, glory days of softball and the old Ft. Thomas police officers that would of taken these punks down behind the flood wall and straightened them out the old fashion way. Ahhhhhh the good ole days.

  • Author
Ever since the Sports Arena went out of business I couldn't afford the new bats. I think I have my blue TPS. Oh yes I also had a big Orange until I bulked up on chicken wings at softball city and could swing the heavy lumber. All I have to say is those punks would never have messed with Thurday night softball players at the Fort!

 

Now you are showing your age!...LOL! My days would of been "All About Sports"

Ever since the Sports Arena went out of business I couldn't afford the new bats. I think I have my blue TPS. Oh yes I also had a big Orange until I bulked up on chicken wings at softball city and could swing the heavy lumber. All I have to say is those punks would never have messed with Thurday night softball players at the Fort!

 

I thought that Thursday nights were Ladies night. At least that is what D-Ball used to say.

  • Author
What complex are we talking about off Moock?

 

The brand new one at the very top. When they shut down the housing units near the River/4th Street bridge in Newport, they were basically re-located there. I'm guessing they know that's where these kids are generating from. By the location of 2 of the attacks and the location of the one Attack near the Fort, it kind of makes sense. Hoping the police shut this thing down quickly!

  • Author
Ever since the Sports Arena went out of business I couldn't afford the new bats. I think I have my blue TPS. Oh yes I also had a big Orange until I bulked up on chicken wings at softball city and could swing the heavy lumber. All I have to say is those punks would never have messed with Thurday night softball players at the Fort!

 

Here's one for you....."Miemans" There were some Chicken Wing eating legends that use to run that joint. You could get anything from a pair of new cleats to a "Great" tip in there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.