Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clyde's Week 9 NKY Rankings

Featured Replies

  • Replies 104
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Is CCH at full strength yet? If not, how close are they?

 

OVerall, really close. Wags threw on the field before warmups yesterday. No clue how far away he is.

OVerall, really close. Wags threw on the field before warmups yesterday. No clue how far away he is.

 

Will Cov-Cath have to travel to JC this year...that could be a dandy if Cov-Cath gets healthy.

Justify the above.

 

Campbell is probably more physical than any of the other teams listed. Their QB is improving each week. I think in a rematch, they will give SK a run for their money. Conner is a one trick pony (albeit a good one) and I believe they are not better than any of those other schools i listed. Cov Cath does not have a great running game but they have a nice passing game with a strong defense. I think looking at all 4 of those teams, Conner is the weakest and Campbell has come along the best.

Will Cov-Cath have to travel to JC this year...that could be a dandy if Cov-Cath gets healthy.

 

Cov Cath and JC would need to win their first rounds games first. Then I believe Cov Cath would travel to JC.

Clyde knows NKY football...that's for sure, good list:thumb:

 

Yea we all know about your predictions! :D

Campbell is probably more physical than any of the other teams listed. Their QB is improving each week. I think in a rematch, they will give SK a run for their money. Conner is a one trick pony (albeit a good one) and I believe they are not better than any of those other schools i listed. Cov Cath does not have a great running game but they have a nice passing game with a strong defense. I think looking at all 4 of those teams, Conner is the weakest and Campbell has come along the best.

 

And I think in a rematch, Dixie could beat Campbell. So where would that leave us in rankings? No team is truly ahead of anyone else in NKY this year (except HHS).

The challenge with 2 to 10 is that none of the teams have a "really good" win that can separate them from the pack. Heck, HHS' loss by 3 to Elder was the "best win" in NKY this year.

 

Really? SK won every game! Tons of people picked Collins, Campbell, Dixie oh yea and Conner to beat SK!!!! SK is clearly #1. My friend was at the Highlands/Elder game and told me Highlands fans better keep drinking their blue Kool-Aid cause they couldn't beat SK! :D

Really? SK won every game! Tons of people picked Collins, Campbell, Dixie oh yea and Conner to beat SK!!!! SK is clearly #1. My friend was at the Highlands/Elder game and told me Highlands fans better keep drinking their blue Kool-Aid cause they couldn't beat SK! :D

 

Running Clock!:clap:

Really? SK won every game! Tons of people picked Collins, Campbell, Dixie oh yea and Conner to beat SK!!!! SK is clearly #1. My friend was at the Highlands/Elder game and told me Highlands fans better keep drinking their blue Kool-Aid cause they couldn't beat SK! :D

 

Essentially you are saying that SK could beat Elder... That wouldn't happen. You must be drinking some of your own blue kool-aid.

Running Clock!:clap:

 

But to give SK credit, HHS wouldn't put a running clock on them until the 4th quarter.

I don't think Ryle beats Cooper if they played again, also with that logic I guess NCC gets knocked out of the top 10 because Cooper beat them.

 

Not sure what logic you are following.

 

I stated Ryle beat Cooper. I stated I have no reason to believe they wouldn't beat them again. I stated I believe Ryle is the better team. Thus, I would replace Cooper with Ryle in the poll.

 

I never mentioned NCC. But, since you did, I'm aware Cooper beat them. If you want to argue Cooper is better than NCC, have at it. I could not care less. I left NCC in the poll though because I think they are better than Cooper at this juncture of the season.

Not sure what logic you are following.

 

I stated Ryle beat Cooper. I stated I have no reason to believe they wouldn't beat them again. I stated I believe Ryle is the better team. Thus, I would replace Cooper with Ryle in the poll.

 

I never mentioned NCC. But, since you did, I'm aware Cooper beat them. If you want to argue Cooper is better than NCC, have at it. I could not care less. I left NCC in the poll though because I think they are better than Cooper at this juncture of the season.

My logic was the same as your logic. Your logic, Ryle beat Cooper so they should be in the poll and not Cooper. Mine was Cooper beat NCC so using your logic Cooper should be above NCC.

 

It's not too hard to follow, you are the one that introduced that logic.

 

BTW, Cooper would easily beat Ryle....imo.

 

I just go off of what both teams have done. Ryle beat Cooper in the last 30 seconds due to 3 blocked punts. Won by 7.

Common Opponents. Ryle has lost by a combined total of 57 points. Cooper was ahead in all but the SK game or within 5 pts near the end of the games. Cooper lost to that were common opponents all were within 5 points except for SK. Ryle was never closer than 2 TD's to any of the common opponents that beat them. Not close imo. But again we will never know.

I think Campbell is right where they should be. Their 3 losses came from teams that are ahead of them. Highlands, SK and Conner. Rankings are done from strength of schedule, head to head and wins and losses. So to think a team should be ranked ahead of another team because "I think we are better, even though they beat us" or "We dominated them but still lost" is absurd. Do I think the middle of the pact is evenly matched? Absolutely. Any of those teams could beat another one on any given day but they didn't and rankings aren't done by what ifs and we should of won. Camels earned that ranking and they should be ahead of all the teams they beat. Camel fans are excited about the success and and positive vibe that Coach Lickert and staff have brought to the county since taking over the reigns. Don't discredit the boys success on the field because they've worked hard and earned everything they've got.

Edited by I4C

Yea, I'm just not sold on CC being put in front of them. Even in the Cooper game, Cooper dominated CC in that game but coughed the ball up too many times including on Campbells 2 yardline and still only lost by 5. I'd put my money on Cooper winning if they played again. So I can't see putting Campbell in front of CCH.

I'm curious to how you can justify saying the bolded statement? When in the final score thread, you said the Camels size controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and the Camels QB and run game could not be stopped. To say Cooper dominated that game is a mystery to me. I will say Coopers 1st drive looked easy but the Camels D played well after that. I know you all had a couple key turnovers but so did we. Guess your still bitter about the fans going on the field and the singing of our fight song. DOMINATE? Come on man! :idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.