Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli is off to a horrible start...

Featured Replies

I don't personally think there was ever a compelling argument that he was a better QB. Now, what IS an interesting question is this: if neither never won another ring, whose career would you rather have?

 

Eli and it ain't even a tough decision. One, he's got more rings, two he's got a neck that isn't likely to snap at any given point.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If neither had ever won a ring I don't see how Eli is a logical answer. His whole career is based off of those rings. Other than those two years he's been half the QB that Peyton is.

I think I would go with Peyton. If Peyton didn't have any rings then it would easily be Eli. However in 20 years when people talk about the greatest QB's ever Peyton will always be in that discussion and he has at least one ring. And barring Eli winning several more rings he will never ever be in the discussion as best ever.

If neither had ever won a ring I don't see how Eli is a logical answer. His whole career is based off of those rings. Other than those two years he's been half the QB that Peyton is.

 

Look at his question again...."If neither won another ring"...

Look at his question again...."If neither won another ring"...

 

Missed that part. After several seconds of consideration I still roll with Peyton. As woodsie stated Peyton will go down as one of the greatest QBs ever. Eli will never reach that status.

Missed that part. After several seconds of consideration I still roll with Peyton. As woodsie stated Peyton will go down as one of the greatest QBs ever. Eli will never reach that status.

 

I would absolutely go with Peyton.

 

I have a ring, records, and in the conversation, if not the best of all-time. Having one more extra ring and being just an above average QB in my career wouldn't do it for me. I'd rather have one less and be on the absolute top.

I think based on only football statistics, I would lean toward Peyton. However, perhaps we should consider off the field qualities as well. While neither are poor, it does appear that Peyton makes a little more than Eii. Peyton also seems to be setting himself up well for life after football, even if that means having to hang out with Papa John. I also googled both of their wives. In my opinion Eli has a sizeable lead in that category.

I think I'd rather have Peyton's and it's an easy answer for me.

 

You can have your stats. I bet Peyton would trade all of em' for another championship.

I would absolutely go with Peyton.

 

I have a ring, records, and in the conversation, if not the best of all-time. Having one more extra ring and being just an above average QB in my career wouldn't do it for me. I'd rather have one less and be on the absolute top.

 

20 years from now when they're both sitting at the table at thanksgiving you don't think he'd look at that extra ring Eli has and wish he had one?

20 years from now when they're both sitting at the table at thanksgiving you don't think he'd look at that extra ring Eli has and wish he had one?

 

Sure, he would probably wish to have one, but I think he's still keep his career over Eli's. It would be a whole different ball game if he didn't have one.

 

And you're right, Peyton might say that because he's a very PC guy. But, its how I feel. I don't think you trade away everything Peyton has to only be remembered by people because of your brother's last name.

Sure' date=' he would probably wish to have one, but I think he's still keep his career over Eli's. It would be a whole different ball game if he didn't have one. And you're right, Peyton might say that because he's a very PC guy. But, its how I feel. I don't think you trade away everything Peyton has to only be remembered by people because of your brother's last name.[/quote']

 

So you think a 2 time Super Bowl MVP will only be remembered by his brothers last name? Really?

I don't personally think there was ever a compelling argument that he was a better QB. Now, what IS an interesting question is this: if neither never won another ring, whose career would you rather have?

 

Peyton's

20 years from now when they're both sitting at the table at thanksgiving you don't think he'd look at that extra ring Eli has and wish he had one?
peyton looks at Eli's two rings and thinks of Eli as Brad Johnson and Trent dilfer rings lol
20 years from now when they're both sitting at the table at thanksgiving you don't think he'd look at that extra ring Eli has and wish he had one?

In all seriousness. Yes Peyton would wish he had another ring. But he defiantly doesn't wish he had Eli's career. Peyton has a ring. 30 years from now Peyton will still be remembered as one of the greatest if not the greatest QB ever and Eli will be remembered as Peyton's little brother.

In all seriousness. Yes Peyton would wish he had another ring. But he defiantly doesn't wish he had Eli's career. Peyton has a ring. 30 years from now Peyton will still be remembered as one of the greatest if not the greatest QB ever and Eli will be remembered as Peyton's little brother.

 

Oh and Peyton will be in the Hall of fame, Eli won't. I think Peyton is happy to have his own career. I guess the real question is 20 years from now don't you think Eli would rather have Peyton's career? I'd say yes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.