Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli is off to a horrible start...

Featured Replies

Devil's Advocate argument for one who says Eli's career:

 

Whose career would you rather have - Peyton Manning or Jim Plunkett?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peyton looks at Eli's two rings and thinks of Eli as Brad Johnson and Trent dilfer rings lol

 

Your comment makes absolutely no sense, but I don't expect you to get that.

 

I'll do my best. Brad Johnson and Dilfer have one ring each. Eli has two of his own. Johnson/Dilfer have 0 Super Bowl mvps. Eli has two of his own. Johnson and Dilfer had too ranked defenses (Dilfers could have been one of the best ever). Eli didn't. In fact in Eli's second Super Bowl run the giants defense wasn't ranked high at all.

 

Make sense now?

Your comment makes absolutely no sense, but I don't expect you to get that.

 

I'll do my best. Brad Johnson and Dilfer have one ring each. Eli has two of his own. Johnson/Dilfer have 0 Super Bowl mvps. Eli has two of his own. Johnson and Dilfer had too ranked defenses (Dilfers could have been one of the best ever). Eli didn't. In fact in Eli's second Super Bowl run the giants defense wasn't ranked high at all.

 

Make sense now?

I know Eli has 2 rings, so what? Peyton has one and also a much better career and will go down as one of the best, if not the best ever in NFL history. Eli will go down with having 2 SB rings, that will be as far as his career goes. Peyton Hall of Fame first ballot. Eli will only mmake it to the Hall of Fame to watch Peyton's induction.

 

I understand you are a huge Giants fan which is why the bias toward Eli, but take it from someone who isn't biased in this at all and understand Eli isn't worthy of carrying Peyton's jockstrap.

 

 

The original question asked should be "In 20 years will Eli wish he had Peyton's career or Eli's career?" To think Eli wouldn't want Peyton's career is just silly and biased. Eli would give anything to swap places with Peyton right now, much less 20 years from now.

I know Eli has 2 rings' date=' so what? Peyton has one and also a much better career and will go down as one of the best, if not the best ever in NFL history. Eli will go down with having 2 SB rings, that will be as far as his career goes. Peyton Hall of Fame first ballot. Eli will only mmake it to the Hall of Fame to watch Peyton's induction. I understand you are a huge Giants fan which is why the bias toward Eli, but take it from someone who isn't biased in this at all and understand Eli isn't worthy of carrying Peyton's jockstrap. The original question asked should be "In 20 years will Eli wish he had Peyton's career or Eli's career?" To think Eli wouldn't want Peyton's career is just silly and biased. Eli would give anything to swap places with Peyton right now, much less 20 years from now.[/quote']

 

Your response to him having won the biggest of all games twice is "so what?" No you clearly aren't biased against Eli. You said that along with the statements that Lorenzen could have done what Eli did and that you would rather have Tebow. It's hard to figure out which comments are serious because I just know you have to be trolling at this point.

Your response to him having won the biggest of all games twice is "so what?" No you clearly aren't biased against Eli. You said that along with the statements that Lorenzen could have done what Eli did and that you would rather have Tebow. It's hard to figure out which comments are serious because I just know you have to be trolling at this point.

You want a serious comment?

 

Here you go. Eli dreams about being Peyton. You always talking about 2 rings is getting to be growing old, but then again I can't blame you when that is the only thing you can hang your Eli hat on, you sure can't lay it on the career minus those 2 games he's had.

You want a serious comment? Here you go. Eli dreams about being Peyton. You always talking about 2 rings is getting to be growing old' date=' but then again I can't blame you when that is the only thing you can hang your Eli hat on, you sure can't lay it on the career minus those 2 games he's had.[/quote']

 

You don't have to like it. That doesn't make it untrue. What's the ultimate goal in the NFL? It's not to have a statistically good year and lose in the playoffs...

You don't have to like it. That doesn't make it untrue. What's the ultimate goal in the NFL? It's not to have a statistically good year and lose in the playoffs...

The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl.

that isn't what we are talking about. We are talking about a player, not a team. We are talking aboutt a players legacy and career, Eli may have 2 rings but outside of being a Giants fan, anyone elsee in 20 years who thinks about great QB's will not have Eli in their train of thought.

 

I understand your allegance to him and that is great. I'd feel the same if Akili Smith won the SB for thee Bengals. But outside Bengals fans, not many people would think of Akili as a great QB.

 

Eli is what he is, as some like to say about pro baseball players, you want to know what kind of player a guy is, look at the back of his baseball card and that is what you can expect from year to yeaar. Eli is like that, he will never be a QB to break records etc. He is what he is, he will always be aa 59-61% compl% guy and a guy who will throw 14-20 int's a year with slightly more TD's a year and a 75-88 QB rating guy. That's it, average at best is all he will be. A guy who has 2 SB rings and you can't ever take that away from him, but nothing special other than that.

The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl. that isn't what we are talking about. We are talking about a player' date=' not a team. We are talking aboutt a players legacy and career, Eli may have 2 rings but outside of being a Giants fan, anyone elsee in 20 years who thinks about great QB's will not have Eli in their train of thought. I understand your allegance to him and that is great. I'd feel the same if Akili Smith won the SB for thee Bengals. But outside Bengals fans, not many people would think of Akili as a great QB. Eli is what he is, as some like to say about pro baseball players, you want to know what kind of player a guy is, look at the back of his baseball card and that is what you can expect from year to yeaar. Eli is like that, he will never be a QB to break records etc. He is what he is, he will always be aa 59-61% compl% guy and a guy who will throw 14-20 int's a year with slightly more TD's a year and a 75-88 QB rating guy. That's it, average at best is all he will be. A guy who has 2 SB rings and you can't ever take that away from him, but nothing special other than that.[/quote']

 

I'm done. You've compared Eli to Lorenzen, Tebow, Dilfer, Johnson and now Akili Smith. There's no doubt your trolling at this point.

I'm done. You've compared Eli to Lorenzen, Tebow, Dilfer, Johnson and now Akili Smith. There's no doubt your trolling at this point.

Actually there is no doubt you have no reading comprehension skills.

Show me where I compared Eli to any of those guys, instead what I did was state in different ways thaat if Akili did the same and won a SB i would be pimping him like you do Eli, I never said Akili was Eli, learn to read. Also just because it upsets you so much, because yyou have such a thin skin and biias to everything Eli, I would never compare those guys to Eli, They are better. lol

 

Oh, and as far as comparing Akili to Eli, would never embarrass Akili that way, for one Akili never turned the ball over like Eli does, Akili's worst year he only threw 6 int's. Shoot, Akili has less career int's than Eli has just this year lol.

Edit.

 

Not going to troll me anymore. I'm done here.

Edit.

 

Not going to troll me anymore. I'm done here.

Hahaha, I'm just kidding with you. Don't be so sensitive. I'm sorry lol.Some people are just no fun lol.

 

I'll leave your Eli alone, it's all good.

Hahaha' date=' I'm just kidding with you. Don't be so sensitive. I'm sorry lol.Some people are just no fun lol. I'll leave your Eli alone, it's all good.[/quote']

 

If you think you hurt my feelings you are mistaken. I'm just not interested in talking about this anymore. You and obviously see things differently.

Eli is currently 25th all time in passing yards and 24th all time in passing TD's. Over time he has been a very effective QB. To act otherwise is silly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.