Eastern Kentucky runs crazy "Punt Screen Pass" vs Morehead State

AverageJoesGym

Except that when the defense saw him kick the ball they didn't react to the receiver until it was too late...They didn't know what was going on either. If he'd have drawn back to throw they would have been after the receiver much quicker.

Also, as long as the ball was touched behind the line of scrimmage the receiver could still have picked it up and ran with it instead of it being an incomplete pass. Or, if he'd have over shot the receiver the ball would have went at least a little bit down field so MSU would not have gotten it at the original line of scrimmage. And, if he saw the receiver covered he had the option to kick it on a line downfield.

Disagree. In fact, the kick was inaccurate enough (receiver had to jump for it then bobbled the ball trying to make the catch) that it almost cost them the first down because it gave MSU time to catch up to the receiver.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. In fact, the kick was inaccurate enough (receiver had to jump for it then bobbled the ball trying to make the catch) that it almost cost them the first down because it gave MSU time to catch up to the receiver.

If you've ever seen Jordan throw you would see that he's not very good at it, and like I said he had the option to do a line drive rugby kick if the play wasn't there. He wouldn't have had that option if he'd been trying to throw.

They had their second team offense in the game on the last 2 touchdowns. MSU had their starters in, why would EKU have their walk-ons in?

Their second team offense is still made up of scholarship players though right? Morehead State's entire roster is non-scholarship players. It's amazing that this game was 21-17 in the 3rd quarter. In hindsight, I'd probably try to make the score look better too if I'd had such a struggle.

It is what it is...non-scholarship football teams are essentially like D3 teams.

Their second team offense is still made up of scholarship players though right? Morehead State's entire roster is non-scholarship players. It's amazing that this game was 21-17 in the 3rd quarter. In hindsight, I'd probably try to make the score look better too if I'd had such a struggle.

It is what it is...non-scholarship football teams are essentially like D3 teams.

Whos fault is that? Why doesnt MSU offer scholarships?

Whos fault is that? Why doesnt MSU offer scholarships?

I'm not sure why things are the way they are. I assume it's for financial reasons. It's not realistic to expect MSU to compete against full scholarship teams. They played pretty well, all things considered, against EKU and still lost by 4 touchdowns.

Then play D3 or only schedule other non-scholarship teams. I'm not sure of the scholarship status of any of the Colonels, except for mine. He's on an academic scholarship and he was the one that snapped the fake punt...So there was at least one walk-on in for that play. :thumb:

Then play D3 or only schedule other non-scholarship teams. I'm not sure of the scholarship status of any of the Colonels, except for mine. He's on an academic scholarship and he was the one that snapped the fake punt...So there was at least one walk-on in for that play. :thumb:

Again, I'm not complaining. That was a great play and one that I never knew was even possible.

Gotta let the scholarship thing go. MSU has been much better than what they are now the past few years. The scholarship issue has nothing to do with it.

Do the players receive financial aid?

There's nothing to let go...non-scholarship schools simply cannot compete against full scholarship schools in football. They might get lucky and win one game every 5 years but realistically, they have little to no chance. It is what it is.

That's not my call. No one is complaining about losing to EKU (or any other full scholarship team). Folks are complaining about running a fake punt late in a game that was already decided. I'm not saying I'm complaining but that's why other people are upset.

As far as cost goes, do we think that a typical student at MSU, where they have the lowest student cost in the state, pays more than a football player at NAIA UPike on a partial scholarship? I remember reading that UPike was pretty expensive. Is UPike, or any other NAIA school giving out that much $ yearly to make it cost neutral to MSU? LW has 150 kids listed on their roster. Surely all are not on full rides.