Eastern Kentucky runs crazy "Punt Screen Pass" vs Morehead State

AverageJoesGym

That's not my call. No one is complaining about losing to EKU (or any other full scholarship team). Folks are complaining about running a fake punt late in a game that was already decided. I'm not saying I'm complaining but that's why other people are upset.

It seems neither you, nor Nikeman want to answer this question: If the game was decided by the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter then why did Tenyer have his starting offense in the game throwing it on every down? If he thought it was over why not put in your reserves or run the ball to run the clock out? If it was okay for him to try and get back in the game there should be no complaint when the Colonels run their offense.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems neither you, nor Nikeman want to answer this question: If the game was decided by the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter then why did Tenyer have his starting offense in the game throwing it on every down? If he thought it was over why not put in your reserves or run the ball to run the clock out? If it was okay for him to try and get back in the game there should be no complaint when the Colonels run their offense.

I can't speak for Tenyer or Nikeman. Like I said, I could care less. My opinion is that it was in poor taste but I'm not going to stage any protests in Richmond or try to fight anyone over it. Everyone who was still sober enough to think properly expected MSU to lose by 60+ and was just happy to see the team show some signs of life as they move into the rest of their schedule.

There's nothing to let go...non-scholarship schools simply cannot compete against full scholarship schools in football. They might get lucky and win one game every 5 years but realistically, they have little to no chance. It is what it is.

Then quit using it as an excuse or don't play scholarship schools.

That's not my call. No one is complaining about losing to EKU (or any other full scholarship team). Folks are complaining about running a fake punt late in a game that was already decided. I'm not saying I'm complaining but that's why other people are upset.

You don't have a problem calling out EKu for the fake punt but you aren't willing to put any blame on Tenyer for still playing to win. joes point is you can't have it both ways.

There's nothing to let go...non-scholarship schools simply cannot compete against full scholarship schools in football. They might get lucky and win one game every 5 years but realistically, they have little to no chance. It is what it is.

If that's what you really believe, I'm having trouble understanding why it matters if there was a fake punt or not...

Reading an interview on the play last night I found out that the fake was called at the line by one of the personal protectors. He saw that the Eagles had one defensive player to cover 2 gunners. He can call the fake anytime he sees that situation. So for Nikeman that called it classless, it was a player, not the sideline that called the play. And we know you hate to criticize kids that are just playing for their university, right?

Sounds like indirectly MSU's poor coaching was responsible for the play.

Reading an interview on the play last night I found out that the fake was called at the line by one of the personal protectors. He saw that the Eagles had one defensive player to cover 2 gunners. He can call the fake anytime he sees that situation. So for Nikeman that called it classless, it was a player, not the sideline that called the play. And we know you hate to criticize kids that are just playing for their university, right?

Sounds like indirectly MSU's poor coaching was responsible for the play.

Didn't you say your son was the snapper?