If Max Smith Is Out For The Year, Do You Pull Towles Redshirt?

JokersWild24

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Towles was good enough to play the position' date=' and good enough to help Stoops win NOW, he would be playing. I think it's clear that the staff doesn't think he is.[/quote']agreed. So many people think that the staff just doesn't want him to play but some of that falls on his ability to play. Maybe he just isn't good enough.

Sounds like UK is going to one QB. Looks like Max.

Smith is one Clowney hit away from SC ending his season once again. I hope it works out, just don't think Smith has enough escapability to be effective in the SEC for this UK team.

I think if Towles was good enough to play the position, and good enough to help Stoops win NOW, he would be playing. I think it's clear that the staff doesn't think he is.

But he was great at HHS and was an elite 11...Stoops doesn't know what he's talking about. ;)

agreed. So many people think that the staff just doesn't want him to play but some of that falls on his ability to play. Maybe he just isn't good enough.

Yeah, I don't understand those that are saying the staff just doesn't want him to play. How does that make sense? Coming into that situation, I'd say almost every coach would want to win immediately, and if Towles was the guy to get that done he'd be playing. Thinking the coaches have it out for him for some reason is silly, IMO. Like you said, maybe he just isn't that good.

Pat is a hard worker, always was and always will be. He has the tools. It seems to be all mental at this point. And multiple elements too. I don't think he has any confidence anymore leading him to try to do everything perfect which outs more pressure on him. When you have the weight of the world on your shoulders so to speak, stupid mistakes occur. Somehow he needs to regain it.