Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 21 Ryle 7

Featured Replies

Final from Union.

  • Author

21-0 when I turned it off. Sounded like a tough game to watch on both sides.

 

A W is a W especially when it's against a rival.

21-0 when I turned it off. Sounded like a tough game to watch on both sides.

 

A W is a W especially when it's against a rival.

 

I watched the whole game. Ryle is so predictable.

Barker was terrific. One of the finest high school QB's around and makes a lot of nice reads. He manages the game well. As to stats, I have no idea but would guess about 70 % completion rate and over 250 yards. Plus 2 short keepers for TD's. Ryle's defense played hard and ended up with 2 picks almost a third. I will let others speak to the Raider offensive game management. Mom said to not say anything at all if you can't say something nice.

Barker was terrific. One of the finest high school QB's around and makes a lot of nice reads. He manages the game well. As to stats, I have no idea but would guess about 70 % completion rate and over 250 yards. Plus 2 short keepers for TD's. Ryle's defense played hard and ended up with 2 picks almost a third. I will let others speak to the Raider offensive game management. Mom said to not say anything at all if you can't say something nice.

 

It's simple, Ryle has an OC that never called an offensive play until this year, a HC thinks just running the ball will win games. If Conner didn't have so many penalty's the score would of been worse.

It's simple, Ryle has an OC that never called an offensive play until this year, a HC thinks just running the ball will win games. If Conner didn't have so many penalty's the score would of been worse.

 

I wish someone could explain to me how a school like Ryle can have teams that go from one extreme to the next in such short periods of time.

Iam not talking wk to wk but yr to yr.

 

My lord it has to be frustrating...

  • Author

I talked to a Ryle fan. He said it is miserable watching the offense. Not the kids. He was clear on that. He was talking about the play-calling and style of offense.

 

I've said for years that Ryle isn't getting the best and when they do get the best they're not being utilized properly (ie in a post-1974 offense). Defense is always stout though.

 

Simply put they should be winning more games every year.

 

Hats off to the Raider players for the effort shown last night. They held a good offense to 21.

  • Author
How did Barker do?

 

21/29 235

Surprised by the score. Thought Conner would score more with what they have done in the past. Maybe a chink in that armor.

I talked to a Ryle fan. He said it is miserable watching the offense. Not the kids. He was clear on that. He was talking about the play-calling and style of offense.

 

I've said for years that Ryle isn't getting the best and when they do get the best they're not being utilized properly (ie in a post-1974 offense). Defense is always stout though.

 

Simply put they should be winning more games every year.

 

Hats off to the Raider players for the effort shown last night. They held a good offense to 21.

 

Ryle started 8 sophomores last night and was missing Lex Sowards.

I will say it again! It blows me away the lack of an offense that Ryle puts out there year after year. The amazing part is that the people of Union just sit back and put up with it..I have no idea how the HC gets a pass every year? Ryle should dominate 6a in NKy almost every year imo...:idunno:

  • Author
Ryle started 8 sophomores last night and was missing Lex Sowards.

 

Why did they start 8 sophs?

I will say it again! It blows me away the lack of an offense that Ryle puts out there year after year. The amazing part is that the people of Union just sit back and put up with it..I have no idea how the HC gets a pass every year? Ryle should dominate 6a in NKy almost every year imo...:idunno:

 

I agree 100%

I can tell you the people in union outside the coaching staff aren't happy. I know of several really good football players who go to Ryle who don't even play football for the past sev years because of what you have mentioned. I will say it again even though I've gotten personal hate Pm's in the past when saying this. But I know for a fact from hearing from parents and players themselves that one of the biggest issues from a lot of parents and players have been that staff has too many fathers coaching sons. I believe at least a year ago at least 4-5 dads as assistants on the team. Now whether its true or not, Many kids and parents tell me there is a ton of favoritism going on. I'm not in the program and am only relaying what has been told to me.

 

If that is the case I hope Bryson turns the program around. I like him and think he is a good HC and has shown it in the past and hope he does what needs to be done to turn the program around. He has too much talent at that school to not be able to turn it around.

21/29 235

 

Didn't he throw 2 interceptions also?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.