Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Apple event on 9/10

Featured Replies

It's funny to hear these comments about Apple "playing catch up", "inferior for last 3 years", "Samsung is better", etc.

 

 

You all do know that Apple, not Samsung, created the smart phone right.

 

 

The reason Apple doesn't have to clog their phones with random features is because they know they have a superior product in terms of overall performance.

 

Unlike Apple, Samsung has to create tons of features just to appease fans because their phone doesn't change that much. Check out the reviews for the S4 they are not overly positive and many say it's just slightly better than the S3.

 

 

I can guarantee in terms of performance, as Apple has already stated, that the 5S is far superior to the 5 in terms of power and performance.

 

 

Make fun of Apple all you want but they know how to run a business and I can guarantee that the 5S will out perform the S4.

 

What does creating the smart phone mean? Did the company who created the car have the best car product today? Apple has less than a 10% market share on the global hand held phone market. I do like the idea of having more affordable pricing selection now by Apple. That has hindered them recently.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does creating the smart phone mean? Did the company who created the car have the best car product today? Apple has less than a 10% market share on the global hand held phone market. I do like the idea of having more affordable pricing selection now by Apple. That has hindered them recently.

 

Welcome aboard my train. Been preaching Andriod for a while now, once people get sunk into Apple they cant get out. I sell phones for a living, so I see the worst of em :lol2:.

It's still personal preference. All the smartphones do the exact same thing. Make calls, text, check email, surf the web, have apps/app stores and play videos. A major part of my loyalty to Apple is all of my multimedia is through iTunes and I have invested so much into it that it is not worth the hassle to switch to a new platform just because their screen is bigger or because their voice text works better. They are all the same to me.

 

Googleplay now allows up to 20,000 songs to be transferred from iTunes library :D

It seems like I read somewhere that AT&T now has the upgrade once a year option..anyone here know anything about that?

 

I can usually sell my old phone and make enough to pay for a new one, so if AT&T will let me upgrade early I'll consider buying a 5s. If not, I'm keeping the 5.

 

All carriers will now be offering some sort of program to where you can upgrade every year. It's terrible on all carriers, your basically financing a cellphone. You pay more per month and in some cases more than double for the phone but you get to upgrade earlier.

The reason you gave is the only reason to buy apple the fact you have so many other products. But new apple products are inferior to new google products. Heck from a technology standpoint the new Microsoft phones are better. The S4 has been out how long? Apple still hasn't made an equal product. I hold no loyalties to any company I buy the best product.

 

I used the words personal preference and they all do the same thing. I never said Apple was superior. I said I'm not going to switch phones because yours is .00000034 seconds faster than mine and has a screen that is half an inch bigger than mine. That doesn't phase me and I have yet to see anything from the superior phones that make me want to dump my inferior phone. I'll be fine with however fast the 4GLTE is on my new phone. I'm not going to by the best product just to say I have the best product. I'm going to buy the product that satisfies me the most. And that is iPhone and Apple products.

Googleplay now allows up to 20,000 songs to be transferred from iTunes library :D

 

Congrats. I still ain't switching. :lol:

Welcome aboard my train. Been preaching Andriod for a while now, once people get sunk into Apple they cant get out. I sell phones for a living, so I see the worst of em :lol2:.

 

Count me in. I hate all non Apple software. Especially Microsoft.

It's funny to hear these comments about Apple "playing catch up", "inferior for last 3 years", "Samsung is better", etc.

 

 

You all do know that Apple, not Samsung, created the smart phone right.

 

 

The reason Apple doesn't have to clog their phones with random features is because they know they have a superior product in terms of overall performance.

 

Unlike Apple, Samsung has to create tons of features just to appease fans because their phone doesn't change that much. Check out the reviews for the S4 they are not overly positive and many say it's just slightly better than the S3.

 

 

I can guarantee in terms of performance, as Apple has already stated, that the 5S is far superior to the 5 in terms of power and performance.

 

 

Make fun of Apple all you want but they know how to run a business and I can guarantee that the 5S will out perform the S4.

 

Must.... Remember... Post....

Count me in. I hate all non Apple software. Especially Microsoft.

 

If there is one thing that Apple does correct it is their tablet. There is yet to be an Android tablet that can stand up to the iPad. So I will give Apple that. Although, I am yet to get my hands on the Surface.

If there is one thing that Apple does correct it is their tablet. There is yet to be an Android tablet that can stand up to the iPad. So I will give Apple that. Although, I am yet to get my hands on the Surface.

 

I like iPads use them on a daily basis. Over priced for average consumer though.

What about the S4 is better? I've never used one so I really don't know.

Lipton, care to take a shot at this?

Lipton, care to take a shot at this?

 

Better camera, better screen resolution, quad core processor, larger screen, better battery life. Operating system will be a push depending on person. Customization on andriod isn't comparable, Andriod has that.

 

Better camera, better screen resolution, quad core processor, larger screen, better battery life. Operating system will be a push depending on person. Customization on andriod isn't comparable, Andriod has that.

 

So the S4 has a better processor, camera and battery than what the 5S has coming?

So the S4 has a better processor, camera and battery than what the 5S has coming?

 

Yes. Don't quote me exact on these numbers because I'm going off the top of my head. S4 has 13 Megapixel camera, quadcore 1.9 GzH processor and random guess here 17 hour talk time. 5s is 8 megapixel, 64 bit processor which can clock out 1.7 GhZ if maxed out and I think 10 hour talk time. Again just going off what I remember so I could be wrong.

^ Big no no that never gets talked about with Apple that is a big pet peeve of mine is storage. No expandable storage. Yeah you can pay the extra 100 bucks for 32gb OR you can get a 16 SD card at Target for 20 bucks and that's the same storage.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.