Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel rumor mill

Featured Replies

I was told by someone close to South b-ball that the game against Williamsburg in the 1st round of the district that South was'nt going to show any mercy on them since they forfeited the regular season games.Just wandering if anyone else has heard this.Also I was wandering what would happen if W-Burg did'nt show up for this one.I heard they would get in big trouble with the khsaa.Just for fun,any score predictions for this game?lol

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by someone close to South b-ball that the game against Williamsburg in the 1st round of the district that South was'nt going to show any mercy on them since they forfeited the regular season games.Just wandering if anyone else has heard this.Also I was wandering what would happen if W-Burg did'nt show up for this one.I heard they would get in big trouble with the khsaa.Just for fun,any score predictions for this game?lol

 

Not so sure about this. But I think regardless of whether SL shows mercy or not, SL kills W'burg, unless of course they dont show.

I was told by someone close to South b-ball that the game against Williamsburg in the 1st round of the district that South was'nt going to show any mercy on them since they forfeited the regular season games.Just wandering if anyone else has heard this.Also I was wandering what would happen if W-Burg did'nt show up for this one.I heard they would get in big trouble with the khsaa.Just for fun,any score predictions for this game?lol

Do you have any proof of this?

South scores 100 to 130 points and Williamsburg scores 15 to 30 points. It all depends on how easy South is on them.

I was told by someone close to South b-ball that the game against Williamsburg in the 1st round of the district that South was'nt going to show any mercy on them since they forfeited the regular season games.Just wandering if anyone else has heard this.Also I was wandering what would happen if W-Burg did'nt show up for this one.I heard they would get in big trouble with the khsaa.Just for fun,any score predictions for this game?lol

Wburg will be there, and yes SL can beat them as bad as they want. Wburg starts 2-8th graders and 1-9th grader, so there is no shame for these kids getting beat by SL 200-0, only in the coaching staff for not playing them in the regular season. Things will be different next year at Wburg. I would think the SL coaches would show some class. :irked:

I can't see this happening, I don't think Coach Wright is that type of coach. I see South winning by 30 to 40 points, mainly because they will pull the starters after the first quarter, kinda like what they did to Whitley.

I can't see this happening, I don't think Coach Wright is that type of coach. I see South winning by 30 to 40 points, mainly because they will pull the starters after the first quarter, kinda like what they did to Whitley.

I believe that South won the first matchup with Whitley Co. by a score of 101 to 39. You can't tell you kids to stop playing. South is a very good team and Williamsburg is very young and less talented team. I'm not a Williamsburg or South fan, I'm neutral except when one of them represents the 50th district or 13th region. So, South by a bunch and probablely much more than 30 or 40 points.

This kind of reminds me of my junior year at Male High School. Male was to play Ballard in the last game of the year, but Ballard cancelled because they would have played to many games on the year. This killed Male, because it was a Male home game and was being played at Old Male where it holds about 3,000 people and it was sold out. It figured to cost Male about 15-20 thousand dollars in ticket sales and concessions. Male played Brown in the first round of districts and took it out on them. I think the final score was 125-39 (I believe). I felt for Brown because they had nothing to do with it, but Male showed it was mad and didn't take out the starters (O'Bannon, Matheis, Bush, etc.) until the 4th quater. I hope SL has some remorse for Williamsburg.

I believe that South won the first matchup with Whitley Co. by a score of 101 to 39. You can't tell you kids to stop playing. South is a very good team and Williamsburg is very young and less talented team. I'm not a Williamsburg or South fan, I'm neutral except when one of them represents the 50th district or 13th region. So, South by a bunch and probablely much more than 30 or 40 points.

 

And the second one was by 30 with the starters playing a little into the second quarter. Even with the starters out it will be worse that it was with Whitley, because is a better team, but it won't be too much worse. If the championship game is played the next night, I would be very surprised if South's starters play more then a quarter.

I can't see this happening, I don't think Coach Wright is that type of coach. I see South winning by 30 to 40 points, mainly because they will pull the starters after the first quarter, kinda like what they did to Whitley.

:thumb:

 

I don't think they will punish the kids of W'burg for the actions of the coach. Also,why take a chance on getting a player hurt by running up the score. I agree with you 1000%.

  • Author
Do you have any proof of this?

 

No I dont have any proof of this other than "he said she said"stuff.Thus it being a rumor.I dont know if South will pull the starters early just because of how they handled the Whitley game before going to the LIT.Pulling starters early did'nt help there to much.I would say Wright will feel sorry for them around half and play the bench the rest of the way.Or then again he may want to make a statement to the next team they play.Who knows.Does anyone know the penalty if W-burg forfeits this one?

If it is true, which it probably isn't, it could come back to haunt them.

I would hope South shows class here. Why not let your JV get plenty of tournament experience.

You gotta be kidding me if this is the best thing you have to talk about is will the number 1 or 2 team in the state destroy a team that plays 8th graders :rolleyes: .PLEASE let it go and enjoy the run while it last.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.