Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What was your wedding song????

Featured Replies

Agree. Crazy by Patsy Cline was the first song that we danced to at a college party at a local bar. Odd song to be played because it is a very old one. But it was the first one. That is why we danced to it at our wedding.

 

Neil Young is one of my all-time favorite musicians. Probably even like top-three. Years ago, during a conversation amongst friends about the most appropriate/inappropriate songs to dance to at your wedding, having never put much thought to it previously, I made the statement that "I WILL dance to 'Harvest Moon' at my wedding with my wife."

 

Fast forward several years to when I started dating my now-wife, and not too long after I burned a "mix-tape" CD for her: Harvest Moon was one of the songs on the CD.

 

Fast forward two more years, after getting engaged, the two of us started the what-song-should-we-dance-to-at-the-wedding? discussion, and the first thing out of her mouth was, "Well I really always liked that Neil Young song you put on the CD you burned for me when we just started dating. What do you think about that one?"

 

Perfect.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"When you say nothing at all" by Keith Whitley - original version

She really wants "This I Promise You" by 'N Sync....:ohbrother:

 

Sorry...I couldn't help it...

 

 

:lol: :facepalm: :woot: :laugh: :lol2:

Sorry...I couldn't help it...

 

 

:lol: :facepalm: :woot: :laugh: :lol2:

 

Really not cool. :lol2:

 

Problem is anything that seems like a wedding song, she deems as "too cliché". :banghead: If I can get her to budge from that specific song, I'll consider it a success regardless it ends up being.

Here was the dinner playlist. Obviously, not all of the songs were played during dinner. We just played it on random mode, and the songs we got to were the ones we got to. Most popular song was "That's All"...although it was by three separate artists. There were a few songs that had two different couples dance to them, and we only got responses from about 2/3 of the married couples at the wedding. Side note, we learned that apparently the whole "wedding song" concept wasn't really much of a thing until the 1970's. Almost all of the couples married prior responded that they didn't have a wedding song.

 

John Prine & Iris Dement - In Spite Of Ourselves x2

There are some good ones on there. But this EASILY stands out as the best. And the fact that two couples had it at their wedding is even better! My kind of friends.

Edwin McCain "I could not ask for more".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.