Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knock knock

Featured Replies

Jury has been sent to deliberations.

 

My personal opinion: He's guilty of 2nd degree murder.

 

My prediction: Not guilty of 2nd degree murder, guilty of manslaughter.

  • Replies 479
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jury has been sent to deliberations.

 

My personal opinion: He's guilty of 2nd degree murder.

 

My prediction: Not guilty of 2nd degree murder, guilty of manslaughter.

Regardless of outcome you really think he's guilty of 2nd degree murder? And I think you may be right, they come back with manslaughter.
Jury has been sent to deliberations.

 

My personal opinion: He's guilty of 2nd degree murder.

 

My prediction: Not guilty of 2nd degree murder, guilty of manslaughter.

 

3-pronged test in Florida for 2nd degree murder.

 

Florida-Second-Degree-Murder-Jury-Instruction

 

In this case the most difficult to prove is the 3rd which deals with "depraved mind" and "without regard to human life" and "ill will, hatred, spite" and "indifference to human life."

 

That's the part that doesn't seem to have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Jury has been sent to deliberations.

 

My personal opinion: He's guilty of 2nd degree murder.

 

My prediction: Not guilty of 2nd degree murder, guilty of manslaughter.

 

I think we've covered this but are you saying according to the law he is guilty of 2nd degree murder?

I think we've covered this but are you saying according to the law he is guilty of 2nd degree murder?

 

No, I'm saying in my opinion he is guilty of murder. I don't know what the legal criteria is for convicting him of such, so I can't speak to that.

3-pronged test in Florida for 2nd degree murder.

 

Florida-Second-Degree-Murder-Jury-Instruction

 

In this case the most difficult to prove is the 3rd which deals with "depraved mind" and "without regard to human life" and "ill will, hatred, spite" and "indifference to human life."

 

That's the part that doesn't seem to have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

 

I think anytime you fire a gun into another's chest you're showing an "indifference to human life". I'm not sure they proved ill will, hatred, or spite, but I think you can make an argument that they did.

And I think you may be right, they come back with manslaughter.

 

The penalty for manslaughter in Florida is 10-30 years in prison with no chance for parole.

I think anytime you fire a gun into another's chest you're showing an "indifference to human life". I'm not sure they proved ill will, hatred, or spite, but I think you can make an argument that they did.
Not talking about this case, but by that standard would you think self defense and shooting someone else is ever justified?
I think anytime you fire a gun into another's chest you're showing an "indifference to human life". I'm not sure they proved ill will, hatred, or spite, but I think you can make an argument that they did.

No matter the circumstance?

Not talking about this case, but by that standard would you think self defense and shooting someone else is ever justified?

 

Yes.

No matter the circumstance?

 

For me, no matter the circumstance. If I shoot someone in the chest I have no concern over their life. You don't shoot someone in the chest without intent to kill IMO.

For me, no matter the circumstance. If I shoot someone in the chest I have no concern over their life. You don't shoot someone in the chest without intent to kill IMO.

True but could it be justified and legal or is it always a crime?

 

 

 

BTW what in the heck are you doing on BGP, aren't you in NOLA?

The part that bugs me is that there is no evidence that says what happened when TM confronted GZ. Was there more to TM throwing the first punch? Did GZ pull the gun before the first punch was thrown? Was there conversation before the first punch was thrown? Did TM sucker punch GZ? Did TM really initiate the fight? The evidence doesn't answer those questions. Only what GZ told the cops. That's just one side of the story. The final verdict could be right or wrong based on the answers of those questions IMO.

The part that bugs me is that there is no evidence that says what happened when TM confronted GZ. Was there more to TM throwing the first punch? Did GZ pull the gun before the first punch was thrown? Was there conversation before the first punch was thrown? Did TM sucker punch GZ? Did TM really initiate the fight? The evidence doesn't answer those questions. Only what GZ told the cops. That's just one side of the story. The final verdict could be right or wrong based on the answers of those questions IMO.

100% agree with this post...therein lies probable doubt

True but could it be justified and legal or is it always a crime?

 

 

 

BTW what in the heck are you doing on BGP, aren't you in NOLA?

 

I think it can be justified. It's not always a crime. We aren't talking about this case though.

 

Nap time. :D Started early and needed a break so we can go hard on the boulevard tonight. :D. Beignets on deck around 11pm!!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.