Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knock knock

Featured Replies

I think anytime you fire a gun into another's chest you're showing an "indifference to human life". I'm not sure they proved ill will, hatred, or spite, but I think you can make an argument that they did.

 

If a guy has me down pounding in my head and hitting concrete on it and I am by myself and I fear he is going to kill me, I am going to do whatever I can, and if that means shooting him in head, chest, whatever, I am going to. Especially if I am neighborhood watch guy who is only looking for suspicious characters that may rob a house in my neighborhood again and I follow one and end up in a confrontation. Do I want to kill anyone, no, but I ain't going to let them kill me either, especially when I'm in my own neighborhood protecting the community.

Trayvon should have ran and avoided the conflict, he was in unfamiliar place. I don't look for that stuff, I avoid conflict, he wanted a conflict.

  • Replies 479
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think anytime you fire a gun into another's chest you're showing an "indifference to human life". I'm not sure they proved ill will, hatred, or spite, but I think you can make an argument that they did.

 

What would be your argument that says they showed it was not self-defense?

If a guy has me down pounding in my head and hitting concrete on it and I am by myself and I fear he is going to kill me, I am going to do whatever I can, and if that means shooting him in head, chest, whatever, I am going to. Especially if I am neighborhood watch guy who is only looking for suspicious characters that may rob a house in my neighborhood again and I follow one and end up in a confrontation. Do I want to kill anyone, no, but I ain't going to let them kill me either, especially when I'm in my own neighborhood protecting the community.

Trayvon should have ran and avoided the conflict, he was in unfamiliar place. I don't look for that stuff, I avoid conflict, he wanted a conflict.

 

And Florida law doesn't seem to care that you may have been the one to instigate it. That's where people are struggling with this case.

What would be your argument that says they showed it was not self-defense?

 

I don't have it up, but the whole basis of their closing argument was the inconsistencies in his statements. They brought up a lot of valid points that seemed to fly in the face of self-defense IMO.

And Florida law doesn't seem to care that you may have been the one to instigate it. That's where people are struggling with this case.

 

How did GZ instigate it, he was watch person following and confronting a potential thief.

 

Why couldn't TM just say hey man I'm going to my house over there and was taking a shortcut from the store, follow me home and you will see. But no, he had to jump the so called CRACKER and he ends up dead.

If GZ wanted to just kill him, he had a chance to just drive up and shoot him or pull out the gun first thing, but he didn't.

 

It's a non story if media didn't portray him as 12 yr old in outdated pict and Obama running his mouth. Those two instigated the race issue.

 

A white Hispanic, boy they had to dig hard for the white part to make it race.

I think I'm a white euro German Irish with Cherokee in me, but hey, I'm just actually a white guy, just like GZ is a Hispanic. Unless he lays in tanning bed all the time, he ain't white.

Edited by PurplePride92

How did GZ instigate it, he was watch person following and confronting a potential thief.

 

.

 

He spooked Trayvon by following him. I call that instigating it. Again, irrelevant to the legal debate.

He spooked Trayvon by following him. I call that instigating it. Again, irrelevant to the legal debate.

 

Spooked him, I get spooked all the time and don't go to attack mode. That is funny, spooked him, if he was spooked he would have ran to his house, but he chose to push the issue and he died because of it.

He spooked him right into bashing his head against a sidewalk and rearraging his nose to the other side of his face. He was really scared I guess . The question isnt anything other than GZ have the right to defend himself while getting pummeled . I say yes .

He spooked him right into bashing his head against a sidewalk and rearraging his nose to the other side of his face. He was really scared I guess . The question isnt anything other than GZ have the right to defend himself while getting pummeled . I say yes .

 

You guys act like the fact that Trayvon jumped him shows that GZ didn't instigate it. They're not mutually exclusive. Maybe you guys haven't been in a legit fight before but in the ones I have the other guy instigated but I certainly didn't wait for him to punch me before I punched him. This ain't grade school.

 

With that I say GZ gets convicted of a lesser charge.

How did GZ instigate it, he was watch person following and confronting a potential thief.
Explain how he (Martin) was a potential thief.
Explain how he (Martin) was a potential thief.

 

Late at night, stranger in the neighborhood, recent break ins, fit a profile.

You guys act like the fact that Trayvon jumped him shows that GZ didn't instigate it. They're not mutually exclusive. Maybe you guys haven't been in a legit fight before but in the ones I have the other guy instigated but I certainly didn't wait for him to punch me before I punched him. This ain't grade school.

 

With that I say GZ gets convicted of a lesser charge.

 

GZ didn't attack him first

TM did attack him

GZ didn't know if TM had a weapon or could kill him

GZ being a weakling obviously feared he would die and did what I would.

The fight wasn't some school fight where teachers break it up.

Real world, real consequences.

GZ didn't attack him first

TM did attack him

GZ didn't know if TM had a weapon or could kill him

GZ being a weakling obviously feared he would die and did what I would.

The fight wasn't some school fight where teachers break it up.

Real world, real consequences.

 

The suggestion that anything Trayvon did was unprovoked is where we disagree. My point is that it did not require GZ to attack him first. I can see why it happened.

Trayvon was provoked at least in that someone was following him and either upsetting him or making him nervous. Trayvon also had the opportunity to walk away and go home and decided, it would seem, to confront Zimmerman.

The suggestion that anything Trayvon did was unprovoked is where we disagree. My point is that it did not require GZ to attack him first. I can see why it happened.

 

GZ did not attack first, he followed him, TM attacked first.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.