Riverbend Music Center question

All In

Going to concert there soon and not looking forward to the parking/ traffic/road construction issues, is hotel and taxi an affordable option? What's close and what would I be looking at cost-wise if decide to go this way? Thanks.

Going to concert there soon and not looking forward to the parking/ traffic/road construction issues, is hotel and taxi an affordable option? What's close and what would I be looking at cost-wise if decide to go this way? Thanks.

I can't answer your question. It isn't far from downtown Cincy so it couldn't be too much. However I wouldn't get too worked up over traffic concerns. I worked there a few summers and I was always home before midnight after a stop at Wendy's.

Only real construction problems now would be I-471 southbound. Various ramp closures are expected to last until early August. There are quite a number of hotels in the area you could stay at. I would think a cab ride would cost somewhere in the area of $10 to $20 depending on where you are staying.

If you haven't gotten a hotel yet, Id recommend the Hampton inn, in Wilder. probably 5-10 miles from riverbend. hop on 275 and go straight. If you stay there, you wouldnt run into many traffic issues until about the bridge.

If you haven't gotten a hotel yet, Id recommend the Hampton inn, in Wilder. probably 5-10 miles from riverbend. hop on 275 and go straight. If you stay there, you wouldnt run into many traffic issues until about the bridge.
Except for the concert traffic, that it. :D

The River City Softball facility that is maybe a good 3/4 mile to a mile away from Riverbend is advertising concert parking now. Remember no parking at River Downs this year due to the racino being built so parking is a problem. The good thing about parking at the softball facility is you should be able to get right on 275 back to KY or on Kellogg ave towards Cincinnati with no traffic problem. Bad thing is it is quite a hike to your seat from your car and then back again.

The River City Softball facility that is maybe a good 3/4 mile to a mile away from Riverbend is advertising concert parking now. Remember no parking at River Downs this year due to the racino being built so parking is a problem. The good thing about parking at the softball facility is you should be able to get right on 275 back to KY or on Kellogg ave towards Cincinnati with no traffic problem. Bad thing is it is quite a hike to your seat from your car and then back again.

So absolutely no parking at River Downs? Only parking is in the Riverbend/Sunlite parking lots?. If I was driving was going to park at River Downs because everyone on here has said that is the way to go if you want to get out and hit 275 West and come back around instead of trying to head back into KY. Has anyone on here been to a concert down there recently and what did you do?

So absolutely no parking at River Downs? Only parking is in the Riverbend/Sunlite parking lots?. If I was driving was going to park at River Downs because everyone on here has said that is the way to go if you want to get out and hit 275 West and come back around instead of trying to head back into KY. Has anyone on here been to a concert down there recently and what did you do?

From Riverbend:

Parking and Traffic Alert for this Summer

Due to the reconstruction of River Downs, all concert traffic must now enter through Coney Island Gates 1 and 2 on Kellogg Avenue. Parking will not be available in the River Downs lots.

Also, because of construction on I-471 south, allow extra time to travel or seek an alternate route. Both Exit # 71-New Richmond and # 72-Kellogg Avenue off of I-275 permit access to entrance gates. When leaving the venue, remember that turning left or right (east or west) on Kellogg Avenue will lead to both directions on I-275.

From Riverbend:

Due to the reconstruction of River Downs, all concert traffic must now enter through Coney Island Gates 1 and 2 on Kellogg Avenue. Parking will not be available in the River Downs lots.

Also, because of construction on I-471 south, allow extra time to travel or seek an alternate route. Both Exit # 71-New Richmond and # 72-Kellogg Avenue off of I-275 permit access to entrance gates. When leaving the venue, remember that turning left or right (east or west) on Kellogg Avenue will lead to both directions on I-275.

So is turning right still the fastest and best way out or not?

So is turning right still the fastest and best way out or not?

Went to Brad Paisley 3 weeks ago. If left on the second to last song and made it to the expressway in 7 minutes. A) is your concert on a weekend? B) do you care to leave a song and a half early? If not, you should be able to leave the gates of river bend and make it any where in the tri state area in about 45 minutes.

From Riverbend:

Are you still able to park where gates 4 and 5 are?

Are you still able to park where gates 4 and 5 are?

While Sunlight Pool and Coney are open then the concert traffic is sent to Gates 1 and 2 to park. When leaving you may not have a choice and may be sent right (East on Kellogg, the longer way to 275). The River Downs construction (everything is gone except the clubhouse and that will be gone eventually) really has things messed up this year. Hopefully the new track, racino, and underground parking garage will all be done as scheduled in the Spring of 2014 but I can't see how.