Summer Scrimmages

What time is their open gyms and on what nights? Are they open for anyone to come and watch? Looking forward to the information on the Holmes Shootout. Thanks Walter.

Not sure of the days or if they're open to the public but I know they go tonight from about 7-830/9.

I'm going to Dixie around 5:30 to meet with Hatton before their scrimmage and get a recruiting update then plan on heading over to Newcath to do the same with McDonald and Schulte, while also taking in some of the open gym.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands down #1 in the region? Come on man. I'm a huge NCC fan too and have a great relationship with several of their players but there isn't a "hands down #1" in the 9th region this year.

I think you have Holmes and NCC then Dixie and Covcath then the rest of the region. Any one of those 4 could go to Rupp this year and it wouldn't surprise me.

I think NCC probably has the best team on paper... But, we all know that on paper doesn't equal W's. Most of these teams and coaches know each other so well that any one of those 4 mentioned by Walter, could possibly beat the other. If Dixie and CCH get the production out of those juniors their hoping for, they could surprise (using the term loosely) a lot of people. And, with Bolden at Holmes, they will always be a player.

Again, NCC is probably the best on paper IMO, and I think they will do very well, and wouldn't be at all shocked if they won the 9th and won some games in Rupp, but the 9th is typically a battle amongst itself.

After reading through team camp results, watching a few in person, and getting first hand reports - I have concluded that you can determine absolutely nothing from the scores of these games.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are very beneficial for the teams participating, but the results of individual contests should not be used to predict anything.

Summer ball is a time to give young kids some playing time and an opportunity to evaluate talent. Very few teams ever have their starting five there. Baseball, football, golf, vacation and jobs are often prioritized over summer basketball.

Agree. I don't and never have put alot of stock in summer ball.

I agree on all the above. Game scores mean very little. Even individual performances are hard to evaluate because it is hard to tell who was on the other side. Good experience and learning for the kids and coaches on an individual basis. For us on the outside, unless you are sitting there watching closely and know who is there and who is missing for each team, it is difficult to project anything into next year out of summer ball.

Stopping by Holmes v Taft at Holmes today at 330. I'll have video up either tonight or tomorrow.

Coach Booher emailed me the schedule for the Holmes shootout. When I receive it, I'll post the schedule.

Stopping by Holmes v Taft at Holmes today at 330. I'll have video up either tonight or tomorrow.

Coach Booher emailed me the schedule for the Holmes shootout. When I receive it, I'll post the schedule.

Not a summer bball question, but have you heard the teams that will particpate in Holmes's DWI Xmas Tourney this upcoming season? It was a nice little competitive tourney last year with Holmes, Scott, Russell, and Harrison County.

Not a summer bball question, but have you heard the teams that will particpate in Holmes's DWI Xmas Tourney this upcoming season? It was a nice little competitive tourney last year with Holmes, Scott, Russell, and Harrison County.

Last I heard/saw... Holmes v Lville Southern and Dixie v Lville Male.

Winners/Losers play in second game.

Holmes will also play in the Binghampton, NY Stop DWI tourney that Trinity played in last season and Dixie the season before. Great event with a lot of talent.

Last I heard/saw... Holmes v Lville Southern and Dixie v Lville Male.

Winners/Losers play in second game.

Holmes will also play in the Binghampton, NY Stop DWI tourney that Trinity played in last season and Dixie the season before. Great event with a lot of talent.

So how was NewCath's open gym tonight saw your post said you were heading up tonight to watch.

I read a report that said CCH did well at the X camp. Nick R put up 25 on a D1 PG from Dunbar. Heard CVH played pretty well.

Holmes played in the same camp. Went 1-2 but in both.losses played a lot of kids and blew 20 pt leads. They beat the Dayton Dunbar team by 15.

A tri-scrimmage will be held Thursday night at Dixie starting at 6 between Dixie, Scott, and Simon Kenton.

Dixie scrimmaged Ryle last night too. Liam Rabe had around 25 pts. Kid is really improving. If you haven't seen him yet this summer, you will be surprised come hoops season.

Niehaus, Drew Moore, Brian Strong, and Hatton didn't play for Dixie. I believe Ryle was missing Josh Belew.

Schedule for Holmes shootout:

Friday June 21st

10-11: Holmes v Cincy Elder

11-12: KCD v Ludlow

12-1: Boyd Co v Ludlow

1-2: Elder v KCD

2-3: Beechwood v Boyd Co

3-4: Boone v Highlands

4-5: Beechwood v Highlands

5-6: Holmes v Boone

Schedule for Holmes shootout:

Friday June 21st

10-11: Holmes v Cincy Elder

11-12: KCD v Ludlow

12-1: Boyd Co v Ludlow

1-2: Elder v KCD

2-3: Beechwood v Boyd Co

3-4: Boone v Highlands

4-5: Beechwood v Highlands

5-6: Holmes v Boone

Thanks for the schedule.

Highlands, Dixie, and Campbell @ CC on Wednesday night from 5 to 9.