Heat/Pacers series

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine. But they haven't shown they're the better team in the regular or post season thus far. So until they blow them out by 40, this is a series.

Agreed. I'm not convinced the heat win. Lebron has been unreal and both have gone to the wire. Can he do that for 7 games?

Agreed. I'm not convinced the heat win. Lebron has been unreal and both have gone to the wire. Can he do that for 7 games?

I think part of the Pacers game plan is to sort of let Lebron do what he wants and shut down the other guys like Battier, Cole, etc that end up killing you. Lebron has played so well in the series, but the Heat aren't looking so tough anymore because those role players aren't contributing as much.

I think part of the Pacers game plan is to sort of let Lebron do what he wants and shut down the other guys like Battier, Cole, etc that end up killing you. Lebron has played so well in the series, but the Heat aren't looking so tough anymore because those role players aren't contributing as much.

I agree and it is the right strategy. George is doing a good enough job making LeBron work for his points. Those spot up open look 3's that the Heat get when teams double on the drive are killers. The other key for the Pacers (or any team vs. the Heat) is do not turn the ball over. The Heat are one of the best teams I have ever seen at converting turnovers into easy baskets.

I agree and it is the right strategy. George is doing a good enough job making LeBron work for his points. Those spot up open look 3's that the Heat get when teams double on the drive are killers. The other key for the Pacers (or any team vs. the Heat) is do not turn the ball over. The Heat are one of the best teams I have ever seen at converting turnovers into easy baskets.

Also Hibbert being 7'2 and not being scared to contest any and every shot in the lane is huge. I read a stat that with Hibbert on the bench Lebron was 4/5 in the paint and with him on the floor he was something like 1/3 with 2 turnovers. I'll have to find it.

edit. I found it :

@ESPNStatsInfo: LeBron: 1-for-2 with 4 turnovers on drives to basket with Hibbert on court, 4-for-5, no turnovers with Hibbert off court

Fact of the matter is that the other guys need to step up. LeBron is doing all he can do, he needs to get some help from the other guys he can't do it all by himself.

Like I said, been more of the Pacers D than them not performing. Other than Bosh, no one has been getting open shots besides Lebron.

What a great 2 games so far. Love this series, truly hope the Pacers can find a way to win.

Quick thoughts:

1. Wade is a dirty player yet very few people seem to realize this or at least acknowledge it (yes I'm aware PP is on this as well)

2. That PG dunk was sick. LOVED IT!

3. Lebron is a beast, enough said.

4. Hibbert most likely won't repeat the stat line he just had in game 2 but I hope he can keep it at around 20/10.