March 30, 201313 yr Author This came to a shock to New Mexico as Alford had just signed a new 10 year contract extension... Anyone else surprised by this hire?
March 30, 201313 yr He had it made at NM no pressure no real expectations...hope he is getting paid! On a side note he owns a Motel "Steve Alford All-American Inn" in his home town that has a huge basketball shoe out front painted in the Lobo's colors...I wonder how long until they repaint it to Bruin Blue and Yellow. Edited March 30, 201313 yr by Jumper_Dad
March 30, 201313 yr I said in the other thread that he was a realistic candidate....Not at all surprised by this. Really good hire IMO.
March 30, 201313 yr This one has everybody wondering. His kid is apparently set to go to New Mexico, he just signed a 10 year extension, and he has a losing career record in the postseason.
March 30, 201313 yr Author This one has everybody wondering. His kid is apparently set to go to New Mexico, he just signed a 10 year extension, and he has a losing career record in the postseason. I'm dumbfounded by this. I just don't know what to say.
March 30, 201313 yr I wonder what the difference in recruiting budgets is between UCLA and New Mexico or Iowa.
March 30, 201313 yr Seems as if the last Indiana School Boy All-American that UCLA hired worked out OK for them...
March 30, 201313 yr They canned Ben Howland and hired Alford? The other Pac 12 schools have to be giddy!
March 30, 201313 yr Dumb move by the coach.He will be out of UCLA within three years. Completely ridiculous post. He'll be there longer than 3 seasons.
March 30, 201313 yr Dumb move by the coach.He will be out of UCLA within three years. He will still be getting paid.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.