Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Kindle Commercial

Featured Replies

I'm willing to actually discuss the issue though. If they are going to be so proactive and courageous, then why refuse to accept calls on the subject.

 

When chik-filet (SP?) was on the other side of the issue people applauded the liberals in this country for protesting, organizing a "Kiss-in" and hurling insults at the President of the company. I simply wanted to call and complain, was not hateful or damning. But I am not afraid to discuss the issue.

 

I wish the church would have been louder and complained more fifty years or so ago when Roe Vs. Wade was passed.

 

Personally I myself feel old because just three years ago I was taken out of the 18-29 age group.

 

Valid point.

  • Replies 141
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm willing to actually discuss the issue though. If they are going to be so proactive and courageous, then why refuse to accept calls on the subject.

 

When chik-filet (SP?) was on the other side of the issue people applauded the liberals in this country for protesting, organizing a "Kiss-in" and hurling insults at the President of the company. I simply wanted to call and complain, was not hateful or damning. But I am not afraid to discuss the issue.

 

I wish the church would have been louder and complained more fifty years or so ago when Roe Vs. Wade was passed.

 

Personally I myself feel old because just three years ago I was taken out of the 18-29 age group.

 

 

 

Why not just email your comments to them through their customer service email address?

ABC News Poll released yesterday: among adults 18-29, 81% are in favor of legalizing gay marriage. That's an all-time high but right in line with the steady growth in support of this issue over the last 20 years. This is a futile battle against demographics and time.

 

I fall on the older end of that spectrum (28) and I can count on one hand the number of people my age I know that are opposed to gay marriage.

 

Oh the times they are a-changing...

 

Oh how old I feel now...I'm more than double your age. :eek:

  • Author

The fact is that everyone is intolerant. Even the people that claim to be open minded and accepting of all lifestyles. The truth is those people are only tolerant and accpeting as long as you agree with them. There are people on this message board that blatantly criticize me for being intolerant. Is that not in itself a perfect example of intolerance?

S It is very intolerant of them and a perfect example of bullies trying to force their own worldview down the throats of the general public.

 

I say there is a direct correlation between saying a position is being forced/rammed down the public's throat and one's opposition to said position.

The fact is that everyone is intolerant. Even the people that claim to be open minded and accepting of all lifestyles. The truth is those people are only tolerant and accpeting as long as you agree with them. There are people on this message board that blatantly criticize me for being intolerant. Is that not in itself a perfect example of intolerance?

 

 

You have a right to your opinion. But I'm confused why you wouldn't just email your sentiments to them? What is the significance of the phone conversation?

You have a right to your opinion. But I'm confused why you wouldn't just email your sentiments to them? What is the significance of the phone conversation?

 

Your argument is which mode of conversation is more effective?

Your argument is which mode of conversation is more effective?

 

No. He's upset he can't communicate his objections. My question is, why not send them via email. Why is it important that he have the phone conversation. It's not an argument. It's a question. It seems to me that there is an avenue available to express his sentiments, and I just wonder why not use it? He has a right to contact them. From his post, he seems upset they won't hear his objections.

Maybe he wanted to talk to someone directly because it is much easier to dismiss an email than it is to dismiss someone you have an actual conversation with.

Maybe he wanted to talk to someone directly because it is much easier to dismiss an email than it is to dismiss someone you have an actual conversation with.

 

That's possible. And a good reason. I'm just asking.

 

Personally, I'm more the email type. Because being in a customer service environment many, MANY years, I can tell you...at the end of a phone call, the person called hangs up, and moves on. In most customer service businesses, emails are tracked, and assigned, and response time, response and resolution are tracked.

That's possible. And a good reason. I'm just asking.

 

Personally, I'm more the email type. Because being in a customer service environment many, MANY years, I can tell you...at the end of a phone call, the person called hangs up, and moves on. In most customer service businesses, emails are tracked, and assigned, and response time, response and resolution are tracked.

 

Oh...and you can dredge it up and resend it over and over and over and..... :D

Found this for Khalid

 

[h=1]Amazon Corporate Office & Headquarters[/h]410 Terry Avenue NorthSeattleWA98109[h=2]Amazon corporate phone number:[/h](206) 266-1000

That is from this site, where you can review Amazon as a company. And reading recent reviews, others have posted sentiments similar to Khalid's.

I did find this particular post to be particularly amusing:

THIS COMPANY CLEARLY DOES NOT HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT. I GOT AN EMAIL BACK FROM THEM AND IT WAS WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. I WAS APPALLED TO SEE THAT A PERSON TYPED AN EMAIL WITH INCORRECT CAPITALIZATION, GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION, SPELLING, AND LANGUAGE USE. PART OF THE EMAIL MADE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER! THIS IS AFTER MULTIPLE EMAILS SINCE OF COURSE I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO CONTACT A REAL PERSON BY PHONE. I RECEIVED A CLEARLY DAMAGED ITEM AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RETURN IT FOR AN EXCHANGE FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH TO NO AVAIL! BEWARE!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.