Anquan Boldin to the 49ers

Ravens didn't have much leverage. They had let it be known they were going to either have to cut him or get him to restructure his deal. He said he signed the contract, would never ask to renegotiate, and wouldn't accept the club asking him to take a cut.

So they got a draft pick for him.

How cheap? I thought his salary was fairly high...

It cost them a 6th round pick, one of their fifteen. That is what I mean by cheap. Compare this to what the Seahawks reportedly gave up for Harvin, a 1,7 and pick in next year's draft combining that with the extension they will have to give Harvin and I think the 49ers get off cheap, by comparison

What am I missing here? Just a sixth round pick?

Boldin was easily the Ravens best receiver. He made a ton of big plays this postseason that helped Flacco cash in.

Flacco just signed a huge deal. Ravens probably had to clear some money up and Boldin said he wasn't taking a pay cut.

And I wouldn't say he was easily the Ravens best WR. Maybe in the playoffs, but over the entire year Torrey Smith was pretty close in terms of stats. Smith actually had twice as many TD's during the season as Boldin. Let's also not forget Boldin is 32 years old.