Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belmont 70 Murray State 68

Featured Replies

Im still not over this one yet, really got screwed, not once but several times and even then the Racers had ever chance to still win it and just choked

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the play where the guy slid on his back with the ball:

 

[video=youtube;0vTaCj7j-y0]

 

100% legal.

 

Whistle blew before he rolled over.

 

No rule that says you can't slide on the ground with the ball.

Jesus! I forgot about that. Not only do they not call a travel, they granted them a timeout.

What does the rule book say about this? It seems the rules on this scenario always change. He slid so far, maybe it is legal now.

What does the rule book say about this? It seems the rules on this scenario always change. He slid so far, maybe it is legal now.

 

Sorry--did not see post #17 hen I typed the above quote.

What does the rule book say about this? It seems the rules on this scenario always change. He slid so far, maybe it is legal now.

 

It's never been illegal.

But in watching the game live on ESPN and them watching it again via ESPN3, to me at least, he seemed to roll before the whistle blew.

 

I mean you did watch the entire game didn't you Clyde?

But in watching the game live on ESPN and them watching it again via ESPN3, to me at least, he seemed to roll before the whistle blew.

 

I mean you did watch the entire game didn't you Clyde?

 

Why would I need to watch the entire game? I watched the video. Heard the whistle. In addition, there's always a lag between acknowledging the TO and the whistle sounding.

 

Good call by the official.

  • Author
Why would I need to watch the entire game? I watched the video. Heard the whistle. In addition, there's always a lag between acknowledging the TO and the whistle sounding.

 

Good call by the official.

 

Because you're going on about one call...there were at least 15 others that were missed or wrong. This was probably the worst officiated game I've watched this season at any level.

  • Author

Heck, I have a video of Canaan getting hit so hard in the face that his head snapped back like a boxer and official just looked at him.

Because you're going on about one call...there were at least 15 others that were missed or wrong. This was probably the worst officiated game I've watched this season at any level.

 

I only responded to one call - the one that was posted. You and others said it was a travel. It wasn't. No surprise as most people do not fully understand the requirements for a travel. It's why I don't get too excited when I read how bad a game was called until I see tape. You provided tape. It was a legal play and a good call.

 

Throw the other bad calls up and we'll take a look.

  • Author
I only responded to one call - the one that was posted. You and others said it was a travel. It wasn't. No surprise as most people do not fully understand the requirements for a travel. It's why I don't get too excited when I read how bad a game was called until I see tape. You provided tape. It was a legal play and a good call.

 

Throw the other bad calls up and we'll take a look.

 

I never said it was a travel. I just posted the video. I'll post more a little later today.

I only responded to one call - the one that was posted. You and others said it was a travel. It wasn't. No surprise as most people do not fully understand the requirements for a travel. It's why I don't get too excited when I read how bad a game was called until I see tape. You provided tape. It was a legal play and a good call.

 

Throw the other bad calls up and we'll take a look.

 

I'm no expert on basketball rules, but I have seen a walk called on more than one occasion when someone slid across the floor like that.

 

Any of the BGP refs got the exact wording on the rule? I would be curious to know.

I never said it was a travel. I just posted the video. I'll post more a little later today.

 

Gotcha.

I'm no expert on basketball rules, but I have seen a walk called on more than one occasion when someone slid across the floor like that.

 

Any of the BGP refs got the exact wording on the rule? I would be curious to know.

 

If an official called a travel for someone sliding they were wrong.

 

Only thing the rule says in regards to having possession while on the floor is that you cannot roll over or try to get up.

Why would I need to watch the entire game? I watched the video. Heard the whistle. In addition, there's always a lag between acknowledging the TO and the whistle sounding.

 

Good call by the official.

I am not sure what is defined as "rolling over" here. How is that defined in the rules? The whistle is blown at the 13 second mark of the video and he is pretty much rolled over by that time. He is definitely beyond the sliding stage unless you are hearing a different whistle. The ref awarded the timeout to the bench, not the player. So in the ref's judgement the player had already established possession before he even started rolling I guess. I agree with what your saying, but if anything the ref may have been a little preemptive in thinking the player had possession when the judgement is made since the bench was yelling "Timeout" in his ear. I am not going with "Good Call by the Official." He made a judgement call on a bang-bang play that could have gone either way.

 

The biggest miss on the play is Canaan getting his legs taken out from under him as he was being stripped.

 

I am not going to blame the refs for the game. Not my style. OVC officiating is always bad. I did feel that Murray State outplayed Belmont for most of the night, but it just was not meant to be. I thought Prohm did a terrible coaching job. Why Daniel was in the game at the end to miss the two FTs I will never know. Prohm is also notorious for not calling timeouts. Murray State is in the midst of a big run early in the second half and at the next stop there will be a tv timeout but he decides to call a timeout because Ed is tired? Come on now. Killed the momentum. Murray State was knocking down shots but they are best when they play inside-out. When the ball went in to Ed he was doubled from the start of the game and Murray State was never able to adjust and they got out of their offensive flow. Really odd when you consider how well Murray State shot the ball. In the second half Murray State shot 13-16 from the field, 7-10 from the deep. But for the game committed 26 turnovers. Wowzers. Canaan finished the night with 22 points, 10 assists, and 9 rebounds.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.