Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belmont 70 Murray State 68

Featured Replies

OVC Tournament Championship

 

 

FINAL, OT

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible officiating and Ed Daniel cost the Racers a bid to the big dance. Disgusted...

Terrible officiating and Ed Daniel cost the Racers a bid to the big dance. Disgusted...

 

Missing free throws happens but the stupid and dumb foul late in regulation.......cost MSU the game and the trip to the NCAA Tourney!

  • Author

The officiating was bad. Really, really bad. For me, the play that did it was Canaan fumbling the ball across the line in the OT, setting up Belmont for the winning shot.

The officiating was bad. Really' date=' really bad. For me, the play that did it was Canaan fumbling the ball across the line in the OT, setting up Belmont for the winning shot.[/quote']

 

Shoulda never been that close. The call that did it for me was the Belmont player chest bumping a racer out of bounds on the baseline and a no call. Almost identical play in the exact same spot and its a foul on the Racers. Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen.

  • Author
Shoulda never been that close. The call that did it for me was the Belmont player chest bumping a racer out of bounds on the baseline and a no call. Almost identical play in the exact same spot and its a foul on the Racers. Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen.

 

I was wondering if it came across on tv. It was really really bad. The general feeling of most everyone in the arena was that MUrray State got screwed.

Tough loss to a quality opponent for the Racers. The officiating was suspect at best.

 

I was wondering if it came across on tv. It was really really bad. The general feeling of most everyone in the arena was that MUrray State got screwed.

 

Yea I was there.

  • Author

Here's the play where the guy slid on his back with the ball:

 

[video=youtube;0vTaCj7j-y0]

Jesus! I forgot about that. Not only do they not call a travel, they granted them a timeout.

I really feel bad for the Racers. They were on the bad end of one of the worse officiated game I've seen in awhile. Hate seeing Canaan go out like that.

  • Author

I was just down at the bar (go figure) and talked to some Murray State. I'm going to go ahead say that most of the MSU fans feel that they were hosed tonight.

I was just down at the bar (go figure) and talked to some Murray State. I'm going to go ahead say that most of the MSU fans feel that they were hosed tonight.

 

Granted the final mistake was on Canaan, But the officials are to blame for that game not being a 10 PT win.

 

I hope Canaan goes in the first round of the draft.

  • Author
Granted the final mistake was on Canaan, But the officials are to blame for that game not being a 10 PT win.

 

I hope Canaan goes in the first round of the draft.

 

He should. Canaan is an absolute beast. I hate that his season was ruined by poor officiating tonight. Murray State had that game sealed up. It's really unbelievable.

I'm still sick over it.

 

I can't understand why Daniel was left in during the final minute or 2 of regulation. Total liability when you know they're gonna be fouling.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.