Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fielding question

Featured Replies

When a ball is hit to the right side how would you defend it? Lets say it is just far enough to pull the 1st basemen away from the bag.

 

A. Have the first baseman stay at the bag and have the 2nd baseman try an make the play.

 

B. Have the first baseman field the ball and flip to 2nd baseman who is covering.

 

C. Have the first baseman field the ball and flip to the pitcher who is covering.

 

D. None of the above

 

Love to hear some opinions.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a ball is hit to the right side how would you defend it? Lets say it is just far enough to pull the 1st basemen away from the bag.

 

A. Have the first baseman stay at the bag and have the 2nd baseman try an make the play.

 

B. Have the first baseman field the ball and flip to 2nd baseman who is covering.

 

C. Have the first baseman field the ball and flip to the pitcher who is covering.

 

D. None of the above

 

Love to hear some opinions.

 

 

I say C...

  • Author
I say C...

 

Maybe, I wonder how many teams do this. I have seen what seems like thousands of fastpitch games and never can recall the pitcher covering first.

Maybe, I wonder how many teams do this. I have seen what seems like thousands of fastpitch games and never can recall the pitcher covering first.

 

 

Anything hit to that side the pitcher covers..Is it different in softball? IDK?

  • Author
Anything hit to that side the pitcher covers..Is it different in softball? IDK?

 

I would say its different but thats why I am asking bc maybe others have seen it. I have never seen it and like I said I watch more than my share of softball.

 

I hope it works bc this is Holy Cross's plan. Thinking maybe we came up with a plan that no one has ever seen and we are going to have a leg up on people!!

 

For the record I would think either A or B would work.

Maybe, I wonder how many teams do this. I have seen what seems like thousands of fastpitch games and never can recall the pitcher covering first.

 

I know a pitcher that's covered first before...but normally would be handled via A or B scenario.

  • Author
I know a pitcher that's covered first before...but normally would be handled via A or B scenario.

 

Make sure NDA makes it all the way to the finals next week and make sure your kid gets at least a weeks rest maybe two before getting ready for softball!!

Make sure NDA makes it all the way to the finals next week and make sure your kid gets at least a weeks rest maybe two before getting ready for softball!!

 

The girls have the drive to get them to Saturday, so we are all hoping it works in our favor. If I'm a betting woman, she won't want to take more than a day, if even that, before hitting the softball field!

When a ball is hit to the right side how would you defend it? Lets say it is just far enough to pull the 1st basemen away from the bag.

 

A. Have the first baseman stay at the bag and have the 2nd baseman try an make the play.

 

B. Have the first baseman field the ball and flip to 2nd baseman who is covering.

 

C. Have the first baseman field the ball and flip to the pitcher who is covering.

 

D. None of the above

 

Love to hear some opinions.

 

I go with B.

Fast pitch is different than baseball because of the distance from home to first. So I always felt that it is harder for the pitcher to cover in fast pitch compared to baseball.

  • Author
I go with B.

 

I think B is probably the best way but you should have a smart second baseman bc if not you could see a pretty nasty collision at the bag. If I have a real good 2nd I may go with letting them attempt to get to the ball.

I think B is probably the best way but you should have a smart second baseman bc if not you could see a pretty nasty collision at the bag. If I have a real good 2nd I may go with letting them attempt to get to the ball.

 

Have seen quite a few of these, :eek:

First baseman goes for the ball 2nd baseman backs up as they are going to cover first. Pitchers don't cover first base in softball, just doesn't make much sense.

I used to have so much range Id field it and beat the runner to the bag while playing second!

First baseman goes for the ball 2nd baseman backs up as they are going to cover first. Pitchers don't cover first base in softball, just doesn't make much sense.

 

I'll go with this along with the right fielder charging hard . They miss 2nd covers 1st , right fielder can still make a play at first.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.