Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fielding question

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'll go with this along with the right fielder charging hard . They miss 2nd covers 1st , right fielder can still make a play at first.

 

Than happens a lot at the younger ages, once you get to high school you shouldn't see the right fielder throwing out to many girls at first base unless it is a ball that is smoked to right fielder.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B

 

2nd baseman covers it. No way would I have pitcher cover it as the pitcher tends to be still going forward with her pitch depending on how hard the ball is hit.

I'll go with this along with the right fielder charging hard . They miss 2nd covers 1st , right fielder can still make a play at first.

 

You are right on the right fielder could cover but who backs up the play if there is an over throw from the first baseman to 1st base?

You are right on the right fielder could cover but who backs up the play if there is an over throw from the first baseman to 1st base?

 

Catcher up the line if know one is on base.

Catcher up the line if know one is on base.

 

Agree, the last catcher in NKY to do this effectively was Katelyn Williams from Conner a few years ago. This young lady could flatout get it done, loved watching her play.

Catcher up the line if know one is on base.

 

True, just haven't seen many who can do it here. Or should I say that have the foresight to do it.

I think Its B, having 2nd cover. In softball the pitcher is the key to the whole season and the more times she is put in dangerous situation the higher the chance to lose her to injury. Not that i would coach this way but i have seen others that will see that and intentionally try to run into the pitcher, I would like to hope its not to cause injury but we all know there are some coaches out there that do indeed coach this way...I think same question can be asked abut who covers the plate on pass ball. I am a firm believer that the corner that is playing in should be there to cover pass ball if possible just to keep Pitcher out of harms way.

True, just haven't seen many who can do it here. Or should I say that have the foresight to do it.

 

Don't know if you ever saw the Williams girl from Conner, but she could do it and had the foresight also. As I said, it was a pleasure to watch her play.

Don't know if you ever saw the Williams girl from Conner, but she could do it and had the foresight also. As I said, it was a pleasure to watch her play.

 

Was she there in the past 4 years? Like I said in my previous comment I have not seen many who could do it. I think it is an instinct thing and if you do not have it you do not have it.

Was she there in the past 4 years? Like I said in my previous comment I have not seen many who could do it. I think it is an instinct thing and if you do not have it you do not have it.

 

Graduated in 2010, got a scholly to play DII ball in Virginia.

I would go with a combination of A and B. No way the pitcher covers in fast pitch. Sounds like the Holy Cross coach is a baseball guy.

Graduated in 2010, got a scholly to play DII ball in Virginia.

 

Yes I know who you are talking about and yes I agree!

I am a baseball guy so I don't know all the ins and outs of fast pitch. But don't they teach the catcher to sprint up the line on a ground ball, with no one on, to back up the 1st baseman? I know my catchers (baseball) best be doing it.

Agree, the last catcher in NKY to do this effectively was Katelyn Williams from Conner a few years ago. This young lady could flatout get it done, loved watching her play.

 

Have you never seen Alli Conner catch that girl could flat out get after it. Now playing at NKU

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.