Sweet Sixteen Officials - Girls

Tim O'Hara is working the Marion/Anderson semi this morning. I would expect to see him reffing the championship unless NDA is in it.

Won't happen. Semi final and finals officials are decided Friday night. Or at least that's how it used to be.

Won't happen. Semi final and finals officials are decided Friday night. Or at least that's how it used to be.

How can they decide what officials are working the finals without knowing what teams will be in it? You can't have, say, a 9th region official working if NDA is in the finals, correct?

How can they decide what officials are working the finals without knowing what teams will be in it? You can't have, say, a 9th region official working if NDA is in the finals, correct?

Basically after play is complete Friday night, those officials who represent the teams left are scratched. The officials selected to work semis and final are taken from the remaining officials. Not saying I agree with the process but that's how it's done.

I know who the officials are for the Finals. Will post closer to tip-off.

Basically after play is complete Friday night, those officials who represent the teams left are scratched. The officials selected to work semis and final are taken from the remaining officials. Not saying I agree with the process but that's how it's done.

I don't doubt you know jahearme-but O'Hara is a 9th region guy and a team from the 9th NDA is still alive and yet he is doing the other semifinal game so that doesn't jibe with what you just posted.

I don't doubt you know jahearme-but O'Hara is a 9th region guy and a team from the 9th NDA is still alive and yet he is doing the other semifinal game so that doesn't jibe with what you just posted.

Good point. Maybe things have changed because they needed to be changed.

Judy Dyehouse (12th Region) wow this lady gets the finals what a shame. I would think the State would want the best officials however that is not the case. It's a shame that teams work the butt off to get to sweet sixteen and official associations send play politics and send bad officials like this lady. Guess it's a good thing this game wasn't really close so she didn't try and take over the game like she likes too..

This is correct. Tim missed out on the 2009 state finals for the same reason. Holmes made it to the finals and he was done after the semi-finals. Stinks, he's been good for a long time and missed out on two opportunities to get to be in the Final. Good for NKY teams, bad for Tim.

Judy Dyehouse (12th Region) wow this lady gets the finals what a shame. I would think the State would want the best officials however that is not the case. It's a shame that teams work the butt off to get to sweet sixteen and official associations send play politics and send bad officials like this lady. Guess it's a good thing this game wasn't really close so she didn't try and take over the game like she likes too..

I wasn't at the game, but I've talked to 3 people that were and they had nothing but positive things to say about the officiating during the Championship game.

Also realize this; those officials recommended for the Sweet 16 are approved by the KHSAA. Regions don't just send folks they'd like to see work. They send a list to the KHSAA office and the KHSAA makes the final call.

Just an FYI.

I was at all the games and I thought the entire tournament was well officiated. Out of 15 games I can probably think of 2-3 instances where I thought there was a bad call. Didn't Dyehouse do the championship game last year as well?

jahearme they have a pretty good complaint......for a while I wondered if she was just trying to make the big screen.....referees should get the big game if they are the best ref, not anything to do with gender.....

Totally agree, but there are some political organizations out there that are pretty powerful. I'll just leave it at that.

I wasn't at the game, but I've talked to 3 people that were and they had nothing but positive things to say about the officiating during the Championship game.

Also realize this; those officials recommended for the Sweet 16 are approved by the KHSAA. Regions don't just send folks they'd like to see work. They send a list to the KHSAA office and the KHSAA makes the final call.

Just an FYI.

Not saying that it was a greatly officiated tourney, but it seemed better than average compared to the last few. A well officiated game is one in which you don't really notice the officials or their calls. Now that it is a pretty humble way to approach the job tasks, I guess, but when referrees go relatively unnoticed, they are conducting their responsibilities in a way that facilitates a very smooth-flowing and consistant game that allows the players to play the game - not the officials calling the game. It's not good when a ref wants to "be the show," which we've all witnessed sometime, and certainly is not the reason fans pay the price of admission.

Edited by retropop
typos