Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU won me over!

Featured Replies

I'll be there on March 2nd as well. That game is Men's Basketball Alumni night so there should be a high number of former Norse players in the building.

 

I've been to two games so far this season and they are 1-1 in the games I've been at. To be honest, they are doing much better this season than I ever thought they would. I figured they wouldn't win many games at all. The future is very bright for the Norse in the A-Sun.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun game last night. 6700 in attendance! Freakin one concession stand open. Unacceptable!!

Crazy game yesterday for those of you not in attendance. NKU was down 13 with about 2:30 remaining and ended up winning by 4. Coach Bezold has done an amazing job for them to finish at .500 (9-9) conference record in their first season in D1.

Lot's of chatter on getting into the 9th region games. Ever any issues with lines getting in to see the Norse? The times I have gone, I've had tickets and parking passes. Do students get pre sales?

Do students get pre sales?

 

Students get in for free with their All Card. All they have to do is walk to the top of the steps and they are good to go.

Lot's of chatter on getting into the 9th region games. Ever any issues with lines getting in to see the Norse? The times I have gone, I've had tickets and parking passes. Do students get pre sales?

 

No issues from what I can see. The longest line was at the concession stand. We were going to eat there and decided to forego it as there were maybe 100 people in two lines at 5 minutes before tip. I'm sure they lost revenue due to the fact they had only one stand open. Besides that the arena was awesome.

Thanks folks for the info. It always amazes me that arenas can not find workers to staff concessions. To me it seems like high profit potential. I believe most of those booths are staffed by 'volunteers' who are working to raise money for their school or cause. What's the unemployment rate?

Thanks folks for the info. It always amazes me that arenas can not find workers to staff concessions. To me it seems like high profit potential. I believe most of those booths are staffed by 'volunteers' who are working to raise money for their school or cause. What's the unemployment rate?

 

Funny thing is, we went to the Stetson game a couple of weeks ago, and they had multiple stands open for a much smaller crowd. Oh well 1st year with D1 ball, they'll get it.

Fun game last night. 6700 in attendance! Freakin one concession stand open. Unacceptable!!

 

My first experience this season, and I thought it was really a good atmosphere. The concession stand issue was my only real complaint, although there was no line at the beer booth, so I was happy. :D

 

Probably going to look into season tickets going forward. With how cheap they are, it'd be worth it.

My first experience this season, and I thought it was really a good atmosphere. The concession stand issue was my only real complaint, although there was no line at the beer booth, so I was happy. :D

 

Probably going to look into season tickets going forward. With how cheap they are, it'd be worth it.

 

Especially next year. They have some good programs coming to the BOK next year.

Especially next year. They have some good programs coming to the BOK next year.

 

What teams will be at BOK next year?

What teams will be at BOK next year?

 

They haven't released the schedule but you can count on West Virginia. That makes the most sense with the Huggins connection of one of the assistants (that assistant also told me it was a near certainty). They will also have a lot more home games that they did last year. Coach Bez said in an interview that their first home game next year is much earlier than this year (which was Jan 5th I believe).

 

One of the reasons why they didn't have many home games this year was NKU was considered a non-qualifying school for this year only. D1 schools can only play 2 of those in a year so it made scheduling very difficult. Next year that goes away and NKU will also begin to count against teams RPI.

What teams will be at BOK next year?

 

Does anyone know the terms with Ohio St. and Texas Tech?

Oh well 1st year with D1 ball, they'll get it.

 

I could be wrong on this but I don't think NKU is even behind the decision making on things like the concessions stands. That is all on the BOKC, which is a totally different staff. But at the end of the day, it makes NKU look bad.

I could be wrong on this but I don't think NKU is even behind the decision making on things like the concessions stands. That is all on the BOKC, which is a totally different staff. But at the end of the day, it makes NKU look bad.

 

I've been too quite a few events there, and do not remember it being a problem before. Someone just dropped the ball. Hopefully they learn from it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.