Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 60 Simon Kenton 48

Featured Replies

Matchup wise this wasn't a great matchup for SK but I don't think many teams enjoy playing against a team with size that's also able to pressure guards for 32 minutes.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say overlooked... I heard otherwise. I was told they wanted him to be the "go to" guy. A leader. But, that it wasn't his personality.

 

Either way... A really nice player that Walton could really use this year.

 

 

Perhaps you are right, he has been highly touted since he arrived at WV. He had some nice talent surrounding him while at Walton but nothing like he has now. Instead of him being the focal point he now seems to let the game come to him. His body has also filled out, he's not Hatton thick but he's put together well. I know he recently was quoted in the Enquirer concerning his role and it apparently took him a while as he didn't want to ruffle any feathers as the new guy. He fits in nice and if he continues to put up points like he's capable while playing strong defense Cooper will go deep this March.

Perhaps you are right, he has been highly touted since he arrived at WV. He had some nice talent surrounding him while at Walton but nothing like he has now. Instead of him being the focal point he now seems to let the game come to him. His body has also filled out, he's not Hatton thick but he's put together well. I know he recently was quoted in the Enquirer concerning his role and it apparently took him a while as he didn't want to ruffle any feathers as the new guy. He fits in nice and if he continues to put up points like he's capable while playing strong defense Cooper will go deep this March.

 

Agree on the above.

 

I am surprised with as well prepared as Steiner has his teams, and as physical as they are, I am surprised they were "out physical-ed"

 

I envisioned this to be closer, especially with Maniacci (?) out.

Interesting; scoreboard showed 60-48 like this thread but KHSAA is showing 60-47. I heard free throw shooting was 14-29 on the way out the door.

 

Cooper D was strong, SK offense was anemic and the game was rough. Bigger more physical team won. 4th quarter got long!

 

All that said, SK was only down 7 with less than two minutes to go but couldn't convert offensive possession that could have gotten it to 5.

Agree on the above.

 

I am surprised with as well prepared as Steiner has his teams, and as physical as they are, I am surprised they were "out physical-ed"

 

I envisioned this to be closer, especially with Maniacci (?) out.

 

It was a rough game both ways, picture those Knicks games in the mid to late '90s. Cooper had plenty of opportunities to bury SK but SK had plenty of opportunities to cut the lead and neither team could move it past the 8-10 point deficit. Sometimes when the game is physical it's nice to have a few 6'5" big guys in the paint.

I don't know about lock down, but they do a good job knocking you down. #45 was grabbing ankles and pulling jerseys all night.

 

He was grabbing jerseys as he was being knocked down and pulled down by defenders trying to be physical with him. Being on the losing side, I can see how you would complain, but people at the game saw the real story. Physical game with questionable officials. Sorry for your loss.

 

He was grabbing jerseys as he was being knocked down and pulled down by defenders trying to be physical with him. Being on the losing side, I can see how you would complain, but people at the game saw the real story. Physical game with questionable officials. Sorry for your loss.

 

Each side sees it how they want... I'm sure there was more than enough pushing and shoving to go around on each side...

Each side sees it how they want... I'm sure there was more than enough pushing and shoving to go around on each side...

 

True..it got a little out of hand. Good thing was no one was injured. Physical basketball can be fun at times, builds a little character in a team.

You say overlooked... I heard otherwise. I was told they wanted him to be the "go to" guy. A leader. But, that it wasn't his personality.

 

Either way... A really nice player that Walton could really use this year.

Walton could certainly use Zach and a few others that have left over that past several years. Glad to see that Zach is playing well. He's an excellent kid with a great basketball sense.
I don't know about lock down, but they do a good job knocking you down. #45 was grabbing ankles and pulling jerseys all night.

 

Shelton is a big boy to be down grabbing ankles. What, did you think he played on his knees all night? Losers begging for sympathy. Sad.

The best part & most entertaining part of Zack McNeil's game is his natural instinct's...he sees plays develop & openings before they happen. Combined with his court vision allow him to make some tremendous passes. Just a very savvy player.

 

This year your seeing him coached up vs. Last year being controlled coached making him play timid & confused taking away alot of those natural instints. Glad for Zach...he is a quality kid!

 

I will however argue the talent Zach started with at Walton in what now would have been the junior & sophs would now be as talented as cooper or most others in this area. Mcneil, moeves brothers, burns, Helton, Dougherty, mccubbin, latimore, Catlett, Evans. In Jr. High was scary good....just a shame what could been at WV to what has become.

 

But can't blame the kids that left to be coached by some of the best coaches in n.ky ....Sullivan, code, Jones..they will now reach their full individual talent & unfortunately they realized that wasnt possible under current situation @this WV. Cooper fans should be thankful...got a good kid & a heck of basketball talent...not to mention his little brothers to follow.

I don't know the situation at WV now or in the past. But I agree with the positives regarding McNeil. He joined this team and has not forced anything. He has been accepted and welcomed by his teammates. He has take more and more of a quiet leadership role as the season has progressed. I enjoy watching his game develop.

The best part & most entertaining part of Zack McNeil's game is his natural instinct's...he sees plays develop & openings before they happen. Combined with his court vision allow him to make some tremendous passes. Just a very savvy player.

 

This year your seeing him coached up vs. Last year being controlled coached making him play timid & confused taking away alot of those natural instints. Glad for Zach...he is a quality kid!

 

I will however argue the talent Zach started with at Walton in what now would have been the junior & sophs would now be as talented as cooper or most others in this area. Mcneil, moeves brothers, burns, Helton, Dougherty, mccubbin, latimore, Catlett, Evans. In Jr. High was scary good....just a shame what could been at WV to what has become.

 

But can't blame the kids that left to be coached by some of the best coaches in n.ky ....Sullivan, code, Jones..they will now reach their full individual talent & unfortunately they realized that wasnt possible under current situation @this WV. Cooper fans should be thankful...got a good kid & a heck of basketball talent...not to mention his little brothers to follow.

 

What was in the water at Walton? Have had a lot of good talent leave....

What was in the water at Walton? Have had a lot of good talent leave....

 

 

Not sure but I do know the water district GM was fired for selling scrap metal and keeping the profit

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.