Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lee 67 Jackson 61

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well, Lee went into a hostile enviroment and played well but struggled from the line at the end missing 9 out of 12 free throws in the final minute. They need to work on this if they want to continue in this tourney!

Lee's Johnson and Charles came off the bench and scored 12 and 9 points, respectively. To me they were the difference in the game. Lee has a good bench.

Good win for Lee but they almost gave it away missing so many freethrows in the last 50 seconds. But all in all sounded like a great game, Congrats Lee.

Good Defense by both teams tonight Lee really shut the Howard kid down from Jackson I think he just had 4 points but he still tryed to help his team it just wasnt his night. Fetters had a good game and Brandenburg did to. The way the game was called you would have thought the home team was Lee. There was some awful calls in this game that went the bobcats way. The tigers rebounded good but missed way to many easy shots. Good win Lee Co. the tigers need to find a way to stop the outside shooting of teams.

Good Defense by both teams tonight Lee really shut the Howard kid down from Jackson I think he just had 4 points but he still tryed to help his team it just wasnt his night. Fetters had a good game and Brandenburg did to. The way the game was called you would have thought the home team was Lee. There was some awful calls in this game that went the bobcats way. The tigers rebounded good but missed way to many easy shots. Good win Lee Co. the tigers need to find a way to stop the outside shooting of teams.

Actually, some of the better shooters for the Bobcats had an off night....Brandenburg just had 3 points. The Tigers may have missed some easy shots, like you said, but Lee County balanced that out by missing a ton of free throws. This was a big pressure game for these kids, and games like this will help both teams when the district tournament arrives.

If Johnson and Charles contribute every night like they did tonight Lee will play in Richmond and Rupp. They have to make free throws and Rich has got to be more aggressive with the basketball and not just on the defensive end of the floor where he is picking up some silly fouls. Great win however in a hostile environment. On another note why would they play in such a small venue when they were turning people away at the door. I loved the atmosphere at Jackson and don't want to hurt any feelings but I think they could have had a 1000 plus if it had been played at a site where they could hold that many. You could have scalped tickets.

If Johnson and Charles contribute every night like they did tonight Lee will play in Richmond and Rupp. They have to make free throws and Rich has got to be more aggressive with the basketball and not just on the defensive end of the floor where he is picking up some silly fouls. Great win however in a hostile environment. On another note why would they play in such a small venue when they were turning people away at the door. I loved the atmosphere at Jackson and don't want to hurt any feelings but I think they could have had a 1000 plus if it had been played at a site where they could hold that many. You could have scalped tickets.

I guess Jackson City officials felt that they should not give up the home court advantage for an opportunity to go to the All A state. It's all determined by the luck of the draw anyway, until the semifinal round. If you get lucky and draw a home court match in the first or second round, well, money decisions do not come into play. It would be unfair to take Jackson's boys off their home court for such an important game.

Just got home a little bit ago and, BOY WHAT A GAME! I thought the referees did a great job and really let the boys play. They tried to keep the game going and let both teams play their kind of basketball IMO. Lee had several layups after beating the press. Brandenburg played well, though didnt hit the scorebook hard, he did make a lot of plays, as did tyler rich. I thought that some of JC's fans were a little too rowdy at times and I think there were some arguements or something...saw the police in the stands. Dont know why though. Good game. I got there really early and still almost had to go to the lunchroom. Wouldve been better at a bigger gym IMO, but JC wanted that home court, but it really didn't help. I think the reason Howard was so off was the Great D from Lee. They played well and just need to work on those FT's! I bet they shoot some extras at practice tomorrow! Good game and, boy, if you didnt go, you missed a classic. Lee looks to be back on track.

I thought JC hung in there very well and didnt give up. Nice win and good job to all involved in this game.

Congrats on the good win Lee Co.!

  • Author
Just got home a little bit ago and, BOY WHAT A GAME! I thought the referees did a great job and really let the boys play. They tried to keep the game going and let both teams play their kind of basketball IMO. Lee had several layups after beating the press. Brandenburg played well, though didnt hit the scorebook hard, he did make a lot of plays, as did tyler rich. I thought that some of JC's fans were a little too rowdy at times and I think there were some arguements or something...saw the police in the stands. Dont know why though. Good game. I got there really early and still almost had to go to the lunchroom. Wouldve been better at a bigger gym IMO, but JC wanted that home court, but it really didn't help. I think the reason Howard was so off was the Great D from Lee. They played well and just need to work on those FT's! I bet they shoot some extras at practice tomorrow! Good game and, boy, if you didnt go, you missed a classic. Lee looks to be back on track.

I thought JC hung in there very well and didnt give up. Nice win and good job to all involved in this game.

Agree with your assessment. Kenny B. handled thier press all night and Tyler Rich Sealed inside all night so Johnson and Liesegang could shoot layups off thier traps. Kenny made sure the ball went to the right spot so we could end two on one after the high trap. Rich had 12 rebounds also, The secret tonote was the teamwork. I am not worried about the free throw problems tonite. This team normally shoots 70% as a team. So I hope it was an aberation.

Hope to see you Wednesday at Lee, Ronnie

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.