February 7, 201313 yr I'm still of the opinion the best way to get it is in court. As you said, you don't know Deters, lol. He will find the way to get the most publicity out of it. He not only defended her through the media, but he is still waiting for the county to answer his questions, and I am sure he would like the answer not to be on Twitter. LOL. The county and Deters are like oil and water, they don't get along too well.
February 7, 201313 yr I have a hard time fully accepting that Sarah Jones' interview was "work related". Do you think she was on the clock?
February 7, 201313 yr I have a hard time fully accepting that Sarah Jones' interview was "work related". Do you think she was on the clock? Doesn't she work for Deters? I am sure it is something near a 9 to 5 job and I would almost guarantee she/they could produce an employment record that she was "on the clock" at the time of the interview.
February 7, 201313 yr Doesn't she work for Deters? I am sure it is something near a 9 to 5 job and I would almost guarantee she/they could produce an employment record that she was "on the clock" at the time of the interview. Again...very convenient.
February 7, 201313 yr Again...very convenient. No doubt but the state has the prove its case in criminal proceedings. I have no idea if that is the case in probation violations but I assume there has to be due process. According to the article Sanders recused himself from the case and it appears that Sanders may have made a derogatory statement on twitter about the alleged probation violation. Look everyone, I don't like or agree with what Jones did to get in this mess but on this specific issue it stinks to high heaven and we need to be able to separate the two.
February 7, 201313 yr OK, I know nothing about this story but I just took the time to read the probation violation article in order to answer Guru's question in the other thread... "... plans to attend law school." What!? Is there a state bar that's going to admit her with this on her record? She was a teacher and had improper relations with a student. Isn't that EXACTLY the type of behavior that the bar screening process attempts to make sure doesn't happen in the legal profession? Lawyer-client relations are problematic enough. Don't have sex with clients. It's bad. OK, I already feel dirty. I don't like this story.
February 7, 201313 yr I look forward to seeing your response in the other thread. In this thread I don't follow you with the "don't have sex with clients" comment?
February 7, 201313 yr You're right, it does stink but I guess I'm looking at it from another perspective. It stinks that she is able to use her position at Deters' firm as an alibi to violate her probation. I don't know the content of the interview on WLW so I don't know if she did or not but in my opinion, if she was on there to talk about her lawsuit against The Dirty, she was there on personal business. What could she possibly say regarding the lawsuit as an employee of Deters? Does Deters as a matter of practice, always send his admins to talk about cases that he is involved in? So it's convenient for her to basically say, "I'm not a lawyer but I'm going to play one on the radio today." I am not a fan of Deters (understatement) and also not a fan of Sanders. He has no business as a county offiicial tweeting anything about any case ongoing in the Kenton County Prosecutor's office. However, if I were Deters and Jones, I'd be watching my p's and q's when they have to know that Sanders is just waiting for one of them to screw up. To me, it looks like they screwed up and now they are scrambling for cover by saying she was there for "work". Come on....
February 7, 201313 yr You're right, it does stink but I guess I'm looking at it from another perspective. It stinks that she is able to use her position at Deters' firm as an alibi to violate her probation. I don't know the content of the interview on WLW so I don't know if she did or not but in my opinion, if she was on there to talk about her lawsuit against The Dirty, she was there on personal business. What could she possibly say regarding the lawsuit as an employee of Deters? Does Deters as a matter of practice, always send his admins to talk about cases that he is involved in? So it's convenient for her to basically say, "I'm not a lawyer but I'm going to play one on the radio today." I am not a fan of Deters (understatement) and also not a fan of Sanders. He has no business as a county offiicial tweeting anything about any case ongoing in the Kenton County Prosecutor's office. However, if I were Deters and Jones, I'd be watching my p's and q's when they have to know that Sanders is just waiting for one of them to screw up. To me, it looks like they screwed up and now they are scrambling for cover by saying she was there for "work". Come on.... In my opinion your best post in this thread.
February 7, 201313 yr Doesn't she work for Deters? I am sure it is something near a 9 to 5 job and I would almost guarantee she/they could produce an employment record that she was "on the clock" at the time of the interview. Then why don't they?
February 7, 201313 yr Then why don't they? I have no idea and can only repeat my prior answer to this, time, money, etc... The only thing I will add here is a part of me wonders if they think the attention is a good thing no matter the consequence?
February 7, 201313 yr I have no idea and can only repeat my prior answer to this, time, money, etc... They got the time to whine about it in the media but not take it to court? That's what stinks to me...
February 7, 201313 yr They got the time to whine about it in the media but not take it to court? That's what stinks to me... I agree that it doesn't add up for me either.
February 8, 201313 yr If I remember correctly, she also did an interview with WEBN last week sometime. Wouldn't that also have been a violation of her parole, or maybe she got approval from her parole officer for that interview?
February 8, 201313 yr I look forward to seeing your response in the other thread. In this thread I don't follow you with the "don't have sex with clients" comment? Attorneys are not permitted to have a sexual relationship with their client, unless the sexual relationship began prior to the attorney-client relationship.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.